PIP cannot follow an unfamiliar route affect driving?

Options
13»

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You are not sure of she could negotiate an unfamiliar route.

What would happen if her usual route was closed and there was a diversion?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You clearly didn't read my post properly. I will repeat the safety of her and others is paramount it is not your decision of whether she is capable of driving but of the DVLA. Of course I hope they investigate fully, and draw the safest conclusion, whichever way that is. Obviously I/my daughter would always disclose a medical condition to the DVLA. Isn't that obvious?

Good lord! I am astounded that you so deluded that you honestly think I would want my daughter to kill someone or be harmed herself.

I have now removed most of my post because it seems you have completely misconstrued it.
    Yet you seem to be more interested in your daughter getting her driving license than anything else.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My daughter isn't sight impaired but she does have a learning disability. She constantly talks about being able to learn to drive. She doesn't have capacity, very slow to learn things and doesn't fully understand many things in life.

Would i ever let her have a driving license to be able to learn to drive?...absolutely no way.

Her safety and the safety of other people are the most important thing here. Yes, two completely different stories, but same principle. People can't always have or do what they want.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure