Turkey Tips

Options

Comments

• pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes.

Microwaving is different - when you microwave stuff you have to increase the time for multiple items.

Oven is fine. Cram as much in there as you can. :D So long as there's some air between each item you'll be fine. Bear in mind though that in some ovens the top is hotter than the bottom, so if doing them one on top of the other you could swap them halfway through so they're even.
  • Emcar
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, great to know I can cook two together.
  • pamelab21
    Options
    I am hosting Xmas dinner this year and our family all like to eat chicken rather than Turkey and all prefer the breast meat so pointless buying a whole chicken!
    I love chicken breasts cooked in the slow cooker but its normally with a sauce, not really suitable for all the traditional trimmings that we will still be having.
    So any suggestions on how to cook my Xmas chicken breasts in a slow cooker? (tried the oven last year but feel it dries them out and they were wrapped in tin foil too!)

thanks all
  • Grimbal
    Grimbal Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    could you cook them in a gravy/stock ? That way, they'd effectively be poached in a flavourful liquid without it interfering with the rest of the dinner flavours
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
  • ladymarmalade
    Options
    Could you steam them? They stay lovely and moist like that.
    :cool:"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them." - Harold J. Smith:cool:
  • flipper_72
    Options
    Wrap them in bacon, cook in slow cooker and crisp off under the grill / in the oven?

You don't need any liquid in the slow cooker the meat will be fine, if you're worried about them sticking put a chopped carrot in first
  • wallbash
    wallbash Posts: 17,775 Forumite
    Options
    Go American , Broil.

Put in large oven dish ( with lid ) sitting in a little half oil and half water.
    Moist chicken guaranteed.
  • alisonBrown_2
    Options
    mix all the marinate ingredients in a bowl to make a sticky sauce
    :beer:
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Roasting bags are perfect for this, moist, tender, succulent. Not the bags :eek: don't eat those, lol
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    easy just pour in hot stock add chopped onions and any other veg such as chopped celery (small) and the breasts and cook. i do this every year and they are moist and tasty and easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure