Td direct transfer to iweb very slow

Options

Comments

• philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just confirms my initial thoughts of the incompetence of III & why I believe I have chosen the correct decision to transfer out.

The incompetence is unbelievable & not a firm I want to trust holding mine & wife investments.

The guy I spoke to at III on Monday was actually arrogant & suggested IWEB must have lost the Valuation sent 9th November. All he wanted to do was blame IWEB. However he was unwilling to provide me evidence that the valuation had been sent.

It is only today after my calls yesterday (and raised complaint) that we are receiving e mails saying they are sorry for us leaving despite initiating the transfer 6 weeks ago.

Anyway formal complaints have now been raised with both III & IWEB so I am sure they will now have regulatory timescales in which to resolve the issues.
  • buffman
    buffman Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I too are having similar issues with TD Direct claiming to have sent a valuation but Iweb not receiving it (though I have received conflicting responses from TD Direct - firstly apologising for the delay and later saying it was sent ages ago!)

Are they dragging this out so that we will have to pay their fees?
  • Chickereeeee
    Chickereeeee Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have done two transfers to iWeb in this period (not from III though) and they have gone through quickly and no problems.

C
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    buffman wrote: »
    I too are having similar issues with TD Direct claiming to have sent a valuation but Iweb not receiving it (though I have received conflicting responses from TD Direct - firstly apologising for the delay and later saying it was sent ages ago!)

Are they dragging this out so that we will have to pay their fees?
    Please don't tarnish the old TD Direct name ;)....they were excellent in both capability and service.

'Tis II/III , the more they change the more they stay the same.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Economic wrote: »
    My shares left my TD ISA yesterday afternoon and appeared in my IG ISA this morning. Except that a number of shares from a recent automatic dividend reinvestment worth about £300 are still in my TD ISA. How difficult is it for TD/ii to check that all the shares have been transferred?
    An update, I am still waiting for the remaining shares to be transferred.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update.

ISA shares for myself now showing at IWEB but residual cash not showing in either III or IWEB.

Wife's account still not transferred despite submitting application at same time 25/10.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Update ...oh, the horror of it.

The funds were transferred to iWeb on 27 November but according to iWeb may not actually show in my account until as late as 8 January.

As for the fairly substantial cash sum which is still with II, ( who told me a few days back that they are waiting for iWeb to tell them where to send it), when I asked i web for an update, iWeb say that II told them that they cannot find my account number....this while I was actually sitting at the computer looking at said account...

Update to follow (unless I have been carted off to the infirmary suffering from high blood pressure.....):eek:
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    At this festive time and in those immortal (changed) words....

"God bless II, and everyone who invests with them"

(as a challenge name the novel/film(s))
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    At this festive time and in those immortal (changed) words....

"God bless II, and everyone who invests with them"
    "

God help II and everyone who invests with them?:)

And God bless us everyone.:A
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,624 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 December 2017 at 2:26PM
    Options
    I initiated a transfer from Fidelity to iWeb at the end of November and most of the funds appeared in my iWeb account yesterday, the only ones not showing are Fidelity funds.
    It would appear that any delays are not down to iWeb but the other transfer party which probably confirms the experiences here with all the II transfer issues.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure