PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Retrospective Right to buy discount

Options

Comments

• WasntMeHonest
    Options
    off the top of my head i think 2017 was low in the £30 ish millions , 2018 increased to £50/60 million
    2019 £190 million and then falling after that. these are only off the top of my head but i can produce the true figures but only what ive found regarding spending budgets which would indicate maybe a national roll out but ive also read other mps and articles with it being postponed possibly longer with the current political climate, some saying if ever. just that it shows a big plan on spend in 2019 on regarding right to buy. Maybe my answer lies there. But i wouldnt put my house that i havent bought yet on it lolol
  • WasntMeHonest
    Options
    The Manifesto pledge , one of the main ones, was a last minute thing written on the back of a fag packet to try sway voters. Not that i voted for it, i had my own problems and issues and didnt even vote that year. It all only became apparent when i looked into buying back in 2015. Im not even a disgruntled voter feeling hard done by. My parent s were always mortgaged home owners, i left school etc job, payed my way eventually doing the same a mortgaged homeowner till a bad accident, and now illness. I only ever got social housing because i was one of the people that needed it. And now people judge you because i want to buy it lol unreal
  • WasntMeHonest
    Options
    Im waiting someone to say something about me saying id ring fenced my inheritance to buy my property but still got benefits........................ lol Before anyone chirps up, Inheritance is allowed for a certain time period and i was able to do so for this period so just to clarify if anyone wants to judge me on that one aswell, well fill your boots aswell
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    theyre is a considerable difference between the £38000 discount ive accumulated and the £9000 on the table at the minute. Im sure i dont have to tell you what a difference that could make to a ill disabled person who is only in his early 40s with no long term change. I could do all i needed to and never have to have any grant, help or ask. Self sufficient coping with my diasblement to a certain extent. I have a friend i met in hospital now in a wheelchair for life due to a drink driver, yes he got a huge pay out etc but hes done it all be it with a much greater budget. Im a really that immorally wrong to try to the same?

So, to sum up, were you eligible for the larger discount at the taxpayers' expense, you would not need further hand outs at the taxpayers' expense and, above all, "It's not fair"?

You have not "accumulated the £38000 discount" because that applies to council properties, not to HA ones.
  • WasntMeHonest
    Options
    So please could you explain exactly why regarding the 2016 bill that was to give housing tenants the same right with discount.? The £38000 was their figure going on their survey and value of the property and the years i had accumulated by what the contract states. Yes i can see how i might come across as a money grabber(my words) not grateful. People obviously have views on this as they have for decades but at the end of the day. That bill was brought in for this. i didnt even vote for it as i was ill and busy with my mums death. but as i keep saying Am i wrong in saying people have and are still already getting these huge discounts if there lucky enough to have lived in the failed 1st 5 trial areas and now lucky enough to be in the new west midland trial area for something that Qualify housing tennants are now entitled too as why would they be doing them in the first place......... surely come on man.. Basic logic. it just a case of when....... knowing these muppets that run our lands. What would you do if lets just pretend, your buying a house, you know your entitled to a £9k discount, its already been confirmed im also entitled to the £38k discount by the Housing association themselves but just cant get it right now as i say because of the goverments inability to do things correctly. Its been a shambles since day, but what isnt lol im sure we can agree on that atleast
  • WasntMeHonest
    Options
    to sum it up correctly, I am and have fully checked i am entitled to both discounts depending on which scheme i choose. They are both exactly the same only in title. Right to Buy , Right to Acquire. I have fully checked with who im possibly buying from.. i.e my housing association and its fully confirmed on both. im eligable for both the £9k and £38k its my choice. but i cant get the £38k one till the idiots sort the national roll out. I was asking and debating that fact in clearly eligable for both , how do i question?? , who do i question regarding this?? Like i say i can only think of mp for now and possibly ask an 80 odd year old relative that has legal background when i get to visit my gran in scotland hopefully. and thats some ask an 80 year old still knowing any of it lol that all i cam in here for. i dont want to go about paying someone lots for advice with out checking forums like this and stuff
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Why not bother the official helpline? Details here

https://righttobuy.gov.uk/am-i-eligible/housing-association-tenants/
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • WasntMeHonest
    Options
    Been there and read that in 2016 lol hasnt changed much since then, when will you guys just read what ive previously put. i have checked and i am entitled to both discounts lolol Thats not my question or debate if you'll clearly read above lol what is this?? lol All the forum regulars pile into the newbie day lol. I appreciated your reply but it was also previous said , posted about that llnk, discussed and answered
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You still haven't quoted verbatim the law that says you have a definitive right to buy. Why is that?
  • WasntMeHonest
    Options
    its not about, If i can or cant,. Its not about what discount an eligable for, thats already been established . Both, My point and question being. If people in the country already and and are getting these discounts as housing association propertys with full discounts eligable for, because their lucky enough to live in one of the areas. ie the 5 trial areas in the 1st failed one and the people that can now do this if living in certain areas of this country ie west midlands. Why cant i then do this. The bill was passed in 2016. If not why cant i ? More to the question When Can i? Can i get it back dated, if not why not? Why cant i even speak about this with out people touching a nerve with certain posters that have their own views, but at the end of the day it still boils down to im entitled to that same as the people are now receiving in certain areas of the uk and to mine in my area but who knows when...... lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure