No fault claim via Credit Hire Company

Options
2»

Comments

• Weave
    Weave Posts: 174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Auxillis should have created an online account for you on their website where all the documents are contained. They email you a link to access the account. There is a long contract you have to read and accept about the credit car hire etc. They basically say that they will cover the costs of everything via a free insurance/indemnity policy if you cooperate with Auxillis and in the event the other side don't pay up you have to go to court with Auxillis backing you to claim the money that way.

Whereas if you go through your insurer direct (Diamond) I believe they are required to pay out even if the other side fail to as they are insuring you regardless of fault assuming its a fully comp policy. Diamond would then chase the other insurer in their own time.

In my experience Auxillis are weak when it comes to trying to force the other side to pay even though liability had been admitted. They are there to make money from the car hire fee they charge which they bill to the other insurer.

Diamond will more than likely get a kick back from Auxillis in return for passing the claim over to them. In my opinion you are in a weaker position when an ACM is handling things instead of your insurer.
  • Auxillis
    Auxillis Posts: 66 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

We would like to clarify some points regarding our service, as every car accident is different.

BB, due to your accident circumstances and the third party details being provided by your neighbour, we were then required to confirm with the third party their involvement in the accident. Unfortunately, some insurance companies refuse to discuss claims directly with us especially were liability could be disputed.

We appreciate that after an accident there can be a lot of information to take in, so we provide full terms and conditions on our online portal which need to be agreed before we arrange any services. There is also a cooling off period so customers can change their mind.

Our services are just one of the options available when you've been involved in an accident, which should have been explained to you by your insurance company before your claim was passed to us.

When choosing to use our services, customers do not need to pay their excess or claim against their own insurance policy. The only upfront costs involved are our fuel service charge and our optional damage protection waiver - which covers customers for any costs should the hire vehicle be damaged whilst in their possession. A receipt for both can be provided upon request and you can try to reclaim the costs as an uninsured loss through your own insurer.

For all our non-fault customers we provide a complimentary Credit Protection Policy, indemnifying them for the cost of any hire vehicle, vehicle repairs or legal costs in the unlikely event they are not settled by the third party insurer or the case goes to court. This is of course provided the customer has been truthful and assists in the recovery.

In the unfortunate case where a vehicle is deemed a total loss, there is a slightly more complex process that is followed. The vehicle is valued by independent engineers, then the valuation is agreed with the customer and sent with the engineers report to the third party insurer. At this point, delays can occur due to potential disputes over the vehicle valuation and insurers own processes before issuing payment. Once, we receive payment from the third party it is forwarded to the customer as soon as possible.

If you would like to speak directly with us regarding any of these points or any further queries, please email onlineteam@auxillis.com with your Auxillis reference number or your vehicle's registration number and we will arrange for a member of the team to contact you. We will also be able to ensure that the online terms and conditions have been sent, so you can read them fully in your own time, before making a decision regarding your next steps.

Kind Regards,
    Auxillis Online Team
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Auxillis. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Weave
    Weave Posts: 174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry BB to jump in on your thread but...
    Auxillis wrote: »
    Once, we receive payment from the third party it is forwarded to the customer as soon as possible.

In my case this is where I take issue. By using Auxillis we have had to wait weeks for nothing to be paid out for a total loss valuation agreed at the end of April. As soon as I go back to Admiral with this info they take the claim back and send us a cheque within a couple of days. An important difference in using an ACM co as opposed to your own insurer.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,527 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    "Our services are just one of the options available when you've been involved in an accident, which should have been explained to you by your insurance company before your claim was passed to us."

At that point I spat my tea out.

From claims over the years submit any claim and the first thing insurance do is put you onto their accident (mis) management company.

Any indication the policyholder doesn't want to be in the clutches of a company whose only job in life is to extract as much money from the third party and the claim process becomes very difficult, to almost impossible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure