Motor Insurance - scam?

Options
2»

Comments

• EdGasketTheSecond
    Options
    Did you even read the original post and understand it?
  • Zorillo
    Zorillo Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 August 2018 at 7:22AM
    Options
    Did you, Ed? The OP had insurance which stated their occupation as 'professional excluding sports TV or film', which is a catch-all clerical occupation for rating purposes when the insurance company doesn't require it to be clarified any further, like for example, an IT professional.

The OP appears to have misunderstood this and thought that Direct Line were charging him for being a movie star, so he got in touch and asked them to change it to IT professional, which they did and it made absolutely no difference to anything.

The OP then came on here and had an amusing rant about it. There was no scam, at all.
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

If you re-read the original post and the replies, you'll see the irony of your comment.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options

Yes, I did, but it seems that you didn't.

More to the point, you keep perpetuating a falsehood that insurers don't reduce premiums. That's sad.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Come on Ed. Did you read the post?

If it has said Inc instead of Exc then you would have a point. However, the OP was expecting an income on an occupation type that is already a low-risk type. You can't get much lower than professional exc sports and entertainment. The correction would likely have been just a clarification on what the occupation was but remain low risk.

The OP misread the policy schedule and went on a rant on a complete misunderstanding.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure