PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    People who buy B & H as a gift should definitely give a goat

The goat would smell better? :rotfl:
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One of the local charity shops had a £1 sale rail out yesterday. It had lots of long-sleeved tops on it so I stocked up for autumn. The best buy was a great work blouse that still had tags on it. It was by Sandwich and I had never heard of them. When I looked them up online I discovered they are fairly pricey.
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The goat would smell better? :rotfl:
    Almost certainly, and would definitely be more useful. Thinking of Oxfam etc. here!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Without Oxfam, significantly harder to wrap...
    Perhaps B & H products should come with bonus unwrapped goat to warn potential gift-givers?
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Just got back from a (very) mini break in Torbay. In a cat charity shop (don't think it was one of the national chains), which was like Auntie Wainright's shop, I found a lovely 97% silk black and white short sleeved top on the £1 sale rail. Will be ideal for the little taster cruise we're off to at the end of next month, as I don't intend to spend a fortune on fancy outfits for it. (We have had cruises before, but this one is on a Queen so a bit special!)

Was just about to leave the shop when I saw a chap go upstairs - I hadn't even realised there was an upstairs. So I followed him, and found a positive Aladdin's cave of treasures. I've been looking for a non-stick potato masher as mine keep breaking, and found a one-piece one with nothing to come apart, but no price on it. Original price tag still there... £2.25. I was told to ask downstairs for a price, and they very kindly let me have it for 20p :T . I had been planning to get one from Lakeland next time I'm near one of their stores (most of which seem to have closed down), but no need now.

I also passed a shop that had a box full of coat hangers outside, with a note saying "free, take as many as you want", so I had half a dozen of those too. Worked out well as the hotel had those annoying spike ones in the wardrobe, and I like to hang my outer clothes by an open window overnight.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've overdone the chazzer-thing this week :o. Today I added 2 smart blouses for £1 each, a pair of jeans for my niece for 50p and a multi-sided cookie-cutter (a bit like the image below) for another 50p ...and another 5 books to my collection for £2 :D

01420_A_HR.jpg
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    Will be ideal for the little taster cruise we're off to at the end of next month, as I don't intend to spend a fortune on fancy outfits for it. (We have had cruises before, but this one is on a Queen so a bit special!)
    Enjoy! I came back from one (QE) last Friday. I"m not a huge fan of cruises, but I liked this better than any other I have been on so far. You'll find Cunard older, far less glitzy and driven to excess eating and drinking than other cruise firms, but the quality of the experience and cabins more than compensate. Afternoon tea is not to be missed just for the ambience. And although not really my thing, people really do dress up on gala evenings! Otherwise, a formal jacket at least is expected in the evenings.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    im going down the street tomorrow, theres two charity shops im going for a spoach around - im looking forward to it! inspired
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yesterday saw quite a haul

Heathered grey MoreMile runing top for DH £1
    Tog24 long sleeved black 1/4 zip running top for DH £1
    Adidas Climacool sports t shirt for DH £1
    Huge Spanish dictionary for DD for GCSE £3.45
    BNIB Trojan base layer pants for DH £1
    Rydale Polo button neck sweatshirt (total copy of Joules styling) £1
    Tog24 bright pink ski base layer for DD for running £1
    Crew Clothing navy blue 1/4 zip sweatshirt £5
    Several BN and sealed PC and xbox games for DS £1 each
    10 wooden coathangers £2
    Large metal cookie cutter for making bean burgers (helps them keep their shape whilst cooking) 19p
    Crane stretchy equestrian top, long sleeved 1/4 zip £2
    BN Tu sleeveless top, cream with broderie anglais front and soft slub fabric to back with small split £2.99
    New Look mustard jumper with drop hemline, looks unworn, for DD £3
    BNIB fleece lined tights, german brand that one of the cat charitys sell £3
    BN moccasin slipper boots, german brand as above £3

The coathangers were for sale because the charity had changed from dark wood ones to light wood - what a ridiculous expense for a charity.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Some great bargains there, dolly84.
    A couple of bargains yesterday:
    A Thomas Pink (of Jermyn Street) short sleeved linen shirt in pink. white and purple checks for OH. Very clean, fresh looking. Perfect for holidays.
    £1.00 from Air Ambulance.
    Checked website and their cheapest shirts (100% cotton) start at £80 and linen ones range from £100 to £165. :eek:
    Introducing our new collection of exceptionally finished linens. An effortless choice for the gentlemen desiring a stylish laid back look. Pink's linen designs are offered across casual shirts and smart blazers, so no matter what the occasion, we have the perfect linen style to add your weekend wardrobe and complete your summer look.
    He'll spill moussaka down it on the first wearing, I just know he will. :D

And for me:
    a long scarf from a rummage basket with a vivid Ted Baker-ish pink & red washed out rose/flower pattern on one side and a totally different more muted pink and yellow rose pattern on the reverse.
    Label says 100% silk but it was made in PRC and as we know, not everything that comes out of China and India is what it says on the label.
    But still fabulous.
    £2.00 local charity shop.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 18 August 2018 at 1:40PM
    Options
    I have just realised the side tables I bought this morning for £15 for the pair are Laura Ashley and still on their website, on sale for £245 each :eek:

I didn't realise they were Laura Ashley till I took the drawers out to get them in the car.

1_F2_D4235-_F815-478_D-99_DE-29223_A55_F142.png

Now I feel guilty, may have to go and give them some more money

Edit: I dropped in another £20 this morning, they were pleased and I still got a bargain :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family