PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• afeitar
    afeitar Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to start the challenge tomorrow and run from the 1st November to 1st December. I think we will have to do a big shop this weekend maybe but I will try to hold it off for as long as possible. We have our meals planned for the rest of the week until Friday and then have lots of veg in. I'm planning on making some soup with some leftover veg tonight which will do for lunches for a few days. I'm hoping to have some money leftover from the £150 to put towards Christmas stuff! :rudolf:
    November Grocery Challenge = £83.47/£150
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Small spend today of 3.14 on my lunch x
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Hey, I'd like to add to the challenge.. €200 as I am trying to get things in gear for Xmas and my mums wedding is on the 1st of December so it'll finish this month nicely!

Running from 1st november - 1st december
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • CompBunny
    CompBunny Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    Options
    Hey everyone, its been a long time since I've done GC but your support (grocery related or not!!) and the accountability of posting really helped me learn to get our spending right down. We are averaging about £25 per week on our weekly shop but we have started to add extras in midweek here and there and need to get on top of this again so I'll be joining November again for £125 for 2 of us if thats ok :)

Hope everyone has been well :)
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215
    Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72

Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

• elly2
    elly2 Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi can i rejoin (yet again) due to DD starting uni we will be -£60 per week from the family budget so need to make some drastic cuts. Can i post my budget at £50 per week for November starting today. This week i have done some baking, including 4 christmas cakes :rotfl:,some cheese scones which have been demolished a choc tray bake and some crispie cakes with the kids. Tea tonight is toad in the hole (using up some of my 100 + sausage stockpile) pots and gravy, I am also loosley trying to take part in the eating out of the freezer and cupboards thread so have done a freezer inventory and now just need to come up with a meal plan .
  • LannyLee
    LannyLee Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, I'd like to join in again if I may?

From February we'll be living on 1 wage as after having my LO I want to stay at home, we've budgeted down to the bone & have worked out all the DD & bills can be paid from DH wage, the only thing I need to buy if food, baby milk, nappies etc. I've got £1200 saved up already out of my SMP & will be aiming for £50 p/w & my month will run 25th to 25th

Already spent this week:

£19.45 in Bo0ts on a months worth of nappies, had a voucher for double points plus £2.50 off a £10 spend, so have now got enough advantage points for a free month of nappies :T

£9.37 in @ldi on Super 6, eggs & other bits

£10.98 in @sda on milk, butter etc

£1.47 in Tesc0 on bread & milk

Am starting to take out the money in cash each week as I think that handing over the cold hard cash will make me more accountable as swiping a card doesn't quite have the same effect! :p
  • stafftopets
    Options
    Popping to update my grocery spending so far ..... since last Thursday I have spend £54.07 therefore bringing my total spend to £81.61. That'll teach me to take DH into a supermarket when calling in for milk and bread. :o
    Worked out have on average £54.00 per week for November until next payday.

Must do better this week ........
    Grocery Challenge: £42.13 /£100 September 2013
    Current Debt: £32,000 (31.08.13) :eek: Final LBM (31.08.13)
    Out of debt, out of danger - Joan Jonker
  • lemmings1986
    Options
    small spend to report for me today
    we have run out of chocolate bars,crisps etc all the nice stuff oh likes in his packup so i bought some sponge mixes and will make fairy bun/cakes instead as i dont want to buy any crisps,chocolate etc there soo expensive so bought spongemixes instead alot cheaper.
    3x bags of sponge mix-44p 3for2 at mr t's
    loaf of bread 99p
    and have still got £7.00 left for rest of week
    i am going to do a mealplan and a inventory of freezers and cupboards which should help.
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
  • LannyLee
    LannyLee Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Also for anyone that is interested West1n Gourm3t has an offer on at the moment that I have just taken advantage of:

Daily Essentials Selection Pack for £29.00
    500g Tony Baldock Meaty Pork Sausages
    500g Award Winning Lincolnshire Sausages
    500g Cumberland Sausages - 8 x 63g
    2x 500g packs of Great British Steak Mince
    1.2kg - 1.5kg Whole Corn Fed Chicken
    4 Pack of Succulent 8oz Pork Loin Steaks
    10 Pack of hand-made, ready to cook Meatballs
    1lb of Gourmet Sliced Cooked Ham
    2x 6-7oz Aberdeen Angus Sirloin Steaks

Now according to the website that is 40 meals for just 73p a meal, but i'm pretty sure I can get more than that as usually for a 500g pack of mince I can get 8 portions of spag bol or chilli by padding it out with veg, lentils etc & I know I can streeeetch the chicken to a roast dinner, a risotto & a weeks worth of lunches, so i'm sure much more experienced OStylers can do better than me.

HTH someone.
  • quavering
    Options
    Reporting a spend of £11 over the past week :)

It's been quite good having the restriction of how much I can spend, although I do occasionally have a toddler tantrum that I can't buy everything I want.

Hoping for a £9 spend this week to have a nice round £30 left for the last two weeks :)
    Roadkill: £0
    £2015 in 2015: 0/£2015

Total debt: £5028
    Total paid: £0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business