Energyhepline.com cashback error

Options
I wanted to alert everyone who may have used the energyhelpline link from MSE in the last 6 months to check whether they have got their cashback. I didn't get mine after switching in August via the link on MSE, and as it takes so long I forgot to keep track and only remembered when Martin did another article on switching.

Mine should now be paid after I contacted them and was told
"The reason for you not receiving your cashback is that the marketing code was not set to The Money Saving Expert. Therefore it was not automatically paid."

This suggests that anybody who followed the same link will have been similarly affected.

Comments

• Steve1981
    Options
    I tansfered our Gas & Electric over with the above back in November, and have been mailing them for over a month asking when I will be getting my £30 cashback. I have had several mails back telling me it should be with me within the week - last one dated 03/02/2008 and still I have nothing.

Though I must admit the actual process of changing was a lot smoother than it has ever been through other comparison sites.

Has anyone else had problems with them?
  • notbritishgas
    Options
    I switched with them about 2 years ago and suffered similar experience to you.
    I kept on emailing them and eventually the cashback was paid into my bank, took quite a while though so keep at 'em.
  • David9m
    Options
    Just to update my previous posting. Today I did indeed receive my £15 cashback from Energyhelpline by cheque. So at least they came through eventually. I still recommend anyone else who followed this link from MSE check to ensure they actually got their cashback. Others on here have had more trouble than me getting it even after they found out it was missed.
  • David9m
    Options
    Yeah I had a problem see my thread, energyhelpline cashback problems today
  • Steve1981
    Options
    David9m wrote: »
    Yeah I had a problem see my thread, energyhelpline cashback problems today

mine is STILL going on:mad:
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi Steve

Can you send me your account details and I'll forward them on to energyhelpline to take a look? If you can email them to andrea @ moneysavingexpert.com (close up the gaps to make the email address work) that would be great

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories