I just got £3,793 PPI refund from Barclaycard thanks to Martin's Resolver tool!

Options
Today I received a letter saying that my PPI complaint had been upheld and I would be getting £3793 refund from my Barclaycard. I checked my account and the money is in there :T :j :T :j :T.

This is thanks to Martin's Resolver tool which made it so simple and easy to claim. Thank you so much Martin I am incredibly grateful :money:.

I also want to thank the lovely people who post on my diary on the DFW forum and gave me so much advice and encouraged me to claim PPI back :T.

I couldn't remember if I'd had PPI on this credit card or not. But I put in the claim anyway on the off chance, using the Resolver tool. Apparantly I had PPI for nine years and was missold it because I was a full time parent and then self employed during that period. I got my payments back, interest and statutory compensation :D.

So anyone who has ever had a credit card put in a claim. You just never know if you might get some money back.

Please MSE Badger can I have a PPI badge next to my name so that I can shout out to others about my success?
Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This complaint would clearly have been upheld with or without use of the third party Resolver Tool. Note also that it is not Martin Lewis's Resolver, the owner of this site (for some years now) is Money Supermarket.

However, I'm sure someone from the admin team will see your thread and award you a badge! ;)
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Badge given! Fabulous news, well done :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done, rightly deserved too :D
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thank you MSE Andrea and Purplemum :D.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Stacy70
    Stacy70 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 March 2019 at 3:43PM
    Options
    Help!!!
    I have just tried to claim back PPI from Connells and received this rather vile letter!!

Dear {Personal details removed}

I am writing in response to your Email dated 10th March 2019, regarding the mis-selling of Mortgage
    Payment Protection Insurance.
    I feel it is reasonable to note that as a significant period of time has now passed since the date that your policy was sold, unfortunately our Business no longer holds any records relating to the sale of your policy or any other relevant documents.
    I am sorry to have to advise that as the events that you are complaining about occurred before Insurance
    sales were formally regulated, we will be unable to look into your complaint and we consider that this matter
    to be statute time-barred. This means that no investigation will take place in this Department in respect of
    your complaint and this letter constitutes our final response to you.
    As your complaint has been time-barred we do not consent to the Financial Ombudsman Service
    investigating your complaint, however, you can refer to the financial-ombudsman for further information in respect of their views on the time-barring rules.
    I understand that you will be disappointed by this response, however I hope that the information that I have provided in respect of the reasons for this decision is helpful to you.
    Yours Sincerely

{Personal details removed} CeRCH

Customer Relkations Advisor

Where do I go next with this? The policy went from Aug 1997 to September 2017
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    You go nowhere I’m afraid... they have correctly advised you that this was not a regulated activity at the time of purchase, as such they do not have to consider the complaint and FOS have no powers to review either.

The letter is not vile it is merely information you of the situation in as clear a manner as possible so as to avoid any confusion or ambiguity.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,542 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Vile in what way?
    They've told you it was sold pre regulation and it was. And they have also time barred it if that wasn't enough.
    You could try for a Plevin complaint but the commission is unlikely to have been over the amount it needs to be for you to get this.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure