Options

Comments

• rabarbaro
    Options
    hallo, have you had news ? thank you
  • alibaba88
    Options
    Hi
    I invested back in 2014 - a jump on when they released additional plots for Canadian Christmas Tree. I was supposed to receive a payment in 2016, 2017 and supposedly one for this year 2018 plus future one for 2019. I have not received one payment so far. Emails sent to them go unanswered and they send out poor excuses. The company did not pay, it is a trusted company partner of theirs and they hope to get it soon etc (however they have insurance for these events but still not triggered). When i email them asking for an update no calls or responses back from the account manager, but they will send emails out asking for interest in new plots that they have or additional investments.

What concerns me is that today i have finally received an email with an update, however it was not as expected as unfortunately, as a result of a death of a Director in the business, (I understand that it is sad and tragic when it happens inside any business - the impact is felt,) but to use that as an excuse for not communicating effectively especially when individuals are waiting 2 - 3 years for a return i think is incredibly crass. Say for a moment you accept what they are saying and the death of the individual has affected them significantly:

1) Did this director pass away recently? If so then prior to his passing why were issues left unresolved/unanswered?

2) Did this director pass away a long time ago? If so why it raises questions on the current management structure competence in replacing them?

3) Furthermore, whilst this has happened has the loss of this director prevented them from taking on new business from new investors?

Again - i understand that the company is affected by this, but to send out an email saying this is why and attempt to hide behind this factor as a reason for poor service i think is incredibly crass given the experiences of some of us with our investments and not receiving any money now for years and no further information.

May 25th is approaching - GDPR kicks in across the EU - at this stage i would advise everyone to make a Subject Access Request to the company for all information held. They are legally obliged to provide this within 30 days. You should be able to requesting information pertaining to your records and what notes and information is held on you and hopefully then we can get some answers.
  • rabarbaro
    Options
    How we can proceed ? I'm not used to this situation and I don't know what to do.
    Thank you
  • MTMCN
    MTMCN Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    GWD Forestry Investors Community on Facebook
  • fabiensf
    Options
    Same story here. I invested with them in 2010 in the Eucalyptus project which stipulated a 5 - 8 year period until a payout. I had received the paperwork for a harvest agreement together with a request for my bank details. After not hearing from them after the 8 year deadline I got in touch with my account manager via email. My numerous emails went unanswered.

on the 21st May I received emails from both the info email address as well as my account manager informing me that the director had passed away and that arrangements were being made to reorganise. The email also stated that my account manager hasnt really been working for the company for the last 6 months.

I find it hard to believe this series of events. I dont quite understand how the loss of the director could cause a company to reach a complete standstill. Furthermore, there didnt seem to be any problems with them sending out their usual barrage of upselling emails during this period.

I would be interested in keeping in touch with any other investors here.
  • Sarah87892
    Options
    I have the same problems
  • Moneysworth
    Options
    Hi all. Similar story for me. Unanswered emails but some contact lately offering assurances etc. Googled their late Director and couldn,t find any record!! which only added to my unease.
  • Sergio_Carpano
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    it seems I am not the only one getting troubles from GWD Forestry. Unfortunately I am in the same situation as yourselves, no payment from the 2017 harvest from the Christmas Tree project - large unit, and good money invested overall. On 21st May did you receive the communication that the Director Gordon Simpson has passed away? GWD puts it forward as the main reason for the delay and the present situation.
    I think the situation is pretty bad, we need getting together to make a class action but against whom? I am waiting a reply from my lawyer in Palma de Maillorca.
    If anyone interested please reply here or write to s[EMAIL="sergio@carpano.net"]ergio@carpano.net[/EMAIL].
  • Nic0las
    Options
    Hi Folks, just received yet another email today stating...

“It is with much regret we would like to inform our clients, that it appears our client list has been shared with a third party company by a previously trust worthy ex-member of staff.”

Plus much more blah blah’s including “In the interest of our clients we would also like to announce that GWD proposes to safeguard its clients by transferring ownership of all company assets in full, to our clients. This will be expected to be done using share issue and is now with our legal advisers”.

Has anyone heard anything else?
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    First part sounds like someone has flogged the client list to either some Claims Management Companies or possibly a fraud recovery fraud outfit.

Second part sounds like they are proposing to exit-scam by exchanging worthless forestry plots for worthless shares in a worthless company.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure