Barclaycard offers

Options

Comments

• dc1980
    dc1980 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    2ilent8cho wrote: »
    Will they take a debit card for over £1000? If so get a Curve card for free then add your Barclaycard to it. No charge to you, they think they are getting debit but intact you are using credit. My Barclaycard offers disappear some months then come back others, no idea why :(

Excuse my ignorance but would a Curve card enable me to make a transfer then?
  • dr_adidas01
    dr_adidas01 Posts: 2,136 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dc1980 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but would a Curve card enable me to make a transfer then?

No it acts like a debit card not a balance transfer card.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Options
    I noticed that my monthly offers stopped on both: mine and my husband accounts. We have different types of cards. Anyone else had no offers any more?

I never used and wouldn't use offers on my card, as I use it daily to collect points and offers were poor but my husband's card was kept just in case and for good offers. He usually got 0.9% balance transfer offers. Now, nothing on both accounts.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We're in a period of global uncertainty. Lenders are tightening their belts a notch. It may be that they have reduced the number of people they are making offers to.

I've been putting a lot of spending through my one, as I get 0.5% cashback and I've made a few bigger than usual purchases recently. I pay it in full every month and I'm still getting offers. Not at 0.9% however. Mine are 2.4% for 18 months.
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I haven't got an offer on mine at the moment. I do have it at about 80% capacity though, so that could be the reason for it. But they have offered me deals when it's near maxed!

I blame Brexit :rotfl:
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Options
    Card used daily is up to 1/3 of the limit, paid in full every month. I put £50-60K pa through this card. The other has balance transfer on it, around 1/3 of the limit and it's paid off with fixed amount every month.

Was just curious if it's a trend now. MBNA is still giving me the same deals every month. Checked today again, as it's new month. Of course deals are not great, but they are there. Tesco, Lloyds and Nationwide also offer me transfers, but around 2.9%. Not planning to use it.
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I noticed that my monthly offers stopped on both: mine and my husband accounts. We have different types of cards. Anyone else had no offers any more?

I never used and wouldn't use offers on my card, as I use it daily to collect points and offers were poor but my husband's card was kept just in case and for good offers. He usually got 0.9% balance transfer offers. Now, nothing on both accounts.

I got an offers letter yesterday, but I've only had my card for about 4 or 5 months. The balance is low, ~15%, as I got it for the 0% interest on purchases for a one-off buy and have been paying that down since.
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I used to get offers every month but not for a while
  • quirkydeptless
    Options
    My offers stopped when I took them up on one of them (a Balance Transfer) :think:
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I still get offers every month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts