HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016

Options

Comments

• Faye23
    Faye23 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi everyone been following everyone's posts over the last few days. My husband friend did his SA on the 13th may still have received anything. I spoke to someone on the chat web yesterday they said they issued a date the 20th April but got picked up for security checks and had been sent over on the 3rd may and won't hear anything until the 31st may, (we go on holiday on the 3rd ��) has anyone been in this situation before and how long after the checks did you receive your money?
    Thank you. X
  • kmcl_2
    kmcl_2 Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think it just depends.. everyone's seems to be going through security checks just now. Some on here submitted on the 6th April & are still waiting. I submitted mine on 7th April & it just got issued today. I really don't think you can put a number on how long it takes. This has been the longest I have ever waited.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Faye23 wrote: »
    Hi everyone been following everyone's posts over the last few days. My husband friend did his SA on the 13th may still have received anything. I spoke to someone on the chat web yesterday they said they issued a date the 20th April but got picked up for security checks and had been sent over on the 3rd may and won't hear anything until the 31st may, (we go on holiday on the 3rd ��) has anyone been in this situation before and how long after the checks did you receive your money?
    Thank you. X

It depends on how many are in the queue in front of you.
  • Faye23
    Options
    It's a bloody nightmare isn't it. Every other year it's taken a week. In all fairness Iv read these forums from last year and year before and it seems everyone is being told different things every time. I spoke to one lady yesterday then thought I'd speak to someone again to see if they would say the same thing and they did, and then again today. Will just have to wait till next Wednesday I guess then contact again.
  • MrMrsBrown
    MrMrsBrown Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    My husband received his today after filing 6th April :-)
  • Faye23
    Options
    Did you phone them at all? If so did they say what the delay was. Next week will be 4 weeks it's been security checked surely it can't take any longer. :mad:
  • MrMrsBrown
    Options
    Yes we phoned on numerous occasions and was told security checks. 7 weeks it took for his and normally is a week.
  • Faye23
    Options
    All in all it will be 7 weeks next week for us so hopefully it will go in, we go on holiday nest Saturday so would be nice to have the money lol x
  • chrismac1
    chrismac1 Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Options
    What HMRC call "security checks" is what the rest of the World calls "slow pay". I've asked any number of times any number of HMRC officers what exactly they were checking on behalf of clients. I have never had an answer, but sometimes the officers there and then got on to another department and got them to do the payment order that same day!
    Hideous Muddles from Right Charlies
  • MrMrsBrown
    Options
    That's what we had hoped too, we went away on 14th for 2 weeks and received while we were away lol we go home tomorrow so have money to go shopping for gifts x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback