PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 May 2017 at 5:38PM
    Options
    Today I've had....

Breakfast: muffin, 2 scramblies, beanies
    Lunch: muffin, choccy spread
    Tea: muffin, cheese triangle.

Throughout the day I've been dipping into my favourite choccies.... so there are only two left. Good job I bought TWO packs isn't it!

For tea my head was telling me "Go on, make little mini pizzas, under the grill ... go on ...." but when it came to Action! I CBA.

I twisted my back yesterday picking up a 20 litre bag of compost and putting it into the basket/trolleys you drag behind you in shops .... and it's been giving me niggles all day. I hope that fixes itself by magic as there's nobody to look after me and to see my "sorry for myself" face. :)

I need another bag really ... but daren't risk it yet.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Dinner is in two halves today:

- snack earlier of roasted butternut squash seeds seasoned with soy sauce

- dinner cooking of quorn sausages in can of tomatoes with dash of pesto and planning on some roasted butternut itself with it and probably a slice or two of sourdough seeded bread I bought today and some watermelon afterwards

Remembering I spotted some readymade sweet potato flatbread in the supermarket recently and stuck it in the freezer whilst wondering what it was like/what to do with it = what has anyone else done with it please?
  • PasturesNew
    Options

Remembering I spotted some readymade sweet potato flatbread in the supermarket recently and stuck it in the freezer whilst wondering what it was like/what to do with it = what has anyone else done with it please?
    Never heard of it :)

I've not had sweet potato ever yet .... it's pricier than spuds and I mostly buy based on price, so had no motivation to try one.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I don't think I have seen that, did you get it in one of the main supermarkets?
    Options
    I don't think I have seen that, did you get it in one of the main supermarkets?

It was there in T*sco the other day. The first time I've spotted it. The local T*sco here is my definition of small - so if even this one had it - then I'm guessing all of them (apart from corner store size) will probably have it.

I grab it quick when I spot something new/within my parameters here - as they've got a distinct tendency to "try it out" and then drop it because few people here will buy it.

Well - had dinner and duly ate it "mindfully" (ie asking myself if I want each extra mouthful) and therefore left half the tomato sauce I'd cooked those quorn sausages in. Now filling the odd few stomach "pockets" with a small glass of rice milk. That's that - dinner done.

Feeling encouraged by the fact that a recent "quick glance through article" seemed to imply that just eating mindfully alone means a weightloss of 1 lb per week. Quick calculation on my part = if that's correct and I keep that up then I should be able to buy the new clothes I need on next visit back to home city in a few months time:). Age may have taken a lot from my appearance - but slimming back down will bring back the flat stomach I still have (underneath those surplus pounds). Visions of buying a couple of new dresses of a style that cling/emphasise the stomach - if low necklines aren't a good idea any longer:(
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    I generally try and eat midfully but today was a fail..... I really didn't need the two bitesize pork pies (just as well the SO on these ends this week) mid-afternoon:o
    I've not seen the sweetpotato flatbreads - they're not on Tesco on-line. They sound like something I would like as I love sweet potato. I tried the Tesco folded rye & grain folded flatbreads, which while ok not something I'd rush to buy again as basically just a folded pitta.
    I am now CFO tonight as my son won't be up the road until tomorrow as ended up working late. I cba making up lasagne especially as I would have spare portion that I couldn't refreeze so it's oven chips, breaded fish, peas and probably broccoli as I got a head of one in today's shop. It was the pre-pack one and the head is huge with just a smallish stalk so really good value for money at 45p for 350g.:)
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    B - nutri-brex with hazelnut milk.
    L - bean vegetable soup.
    D - vegetable stir fry with half a packet of slim rice.
    Snacks - cucumber, tomatoes. May snack more later.
    Drinks - coffee, water and tea.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • PasturesNew
    edited 19 May 2017 at 7:57PM
    Options
    In case anybody ever wondered what are my favourite choccies that I keep buying....

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/turners-chocolate-assortment-250g/p/26241

They're £1.... 40p/100g makes them a right bargain.

It's a complete mystery what you'll get each time as they're just mis-shapes.... the current batch are a bit squashed and a bit welded together... but they taste the same.

Different ones every time... whatever's been spat out of the machine as a reject.

The current bags appear to have a lot of caramels and orange creams.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    B - nutri-brex with hazelnut milk.
    L - bean vegetable soup.
    D - vegetable stir fry with half a packet of slim rice.
    Snacks - cucumber, tomatoes. May snack more later.
    Drinks - coffee, water and tea.
    What is "slim rice"? :)
    In case anybody ever wondered what are my favourite choccies that I keep buying....

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/turners-chocolate-assortment-250g/p/26241

They're £1.... 40p/100g makes them a right bargain.

It's a complete mystery what you'll get each time as they're just mis-shapes.... the current batch are a bit squashed and a bit welded together... but they taste the same.

Different ones every time... whatever's been spat out of the machine as a reject.

The current bags appear to have a lot of caramels and orange creams.

I used to live down the road from "Terry's" chocolate factory in York. You could smell the chocolate quite strongly depending on how the wind was blowing. They sold mis-shapes at the factory and I'm showing how long ago it was by saying they were 10p per 4oz. My favourite was the wonky chocolate oranges:). Near where I worked was Rowntree's their factory shop was amazing........
    Over-indulgence at both of these outlets is probably why I'm not a huge chocolate lover these days :o
    Options
    There are little videos on YouTube of how to make sweet potato flatbreads. I googled out of interest and decided I'm not likely to make them myself - in my case because all the ones I came across use white flour (something I never have in).

They looked like they would be quite quick and easy though if anyone wants to try them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure