Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can always give ebay one more shot, we are getting nearer to Christmas now. I actually took photos of everything last night so one step in the right direction.

Age of money sounds brilliant, does that mean you are one paycheck ahead on YNAB now?

Tink xx

Hi Tink

I suppose so, but that also means I have more stuff to organise! Plus I am wondering about wearing one of the dresses for a night out later this week, so it might just stay after all :)

Yes, I think the Age of Money means things are staying in my bank account for that long. I don't really feel a paycheque ahead though, as I use my paycheque at the end of the month to pay for rent that covers the last couple of days of the same month, then other costs in the next month. I have dithered about saving up the rent in advance but it feels better to be putting it in a buffer fund and perhaps eventually I will move it over.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Well I would just like to say HURRAH for helpful geeks on the internet. :A

My printer packed up last night and gave me one of those totally non helpful messages - error blah blah, contact service centre' even after I'd switched it off and on and fiddled with the cartridges etc. After one google and on the second forum answer I read, somebody gave a solution to reset it. It's now working again, I have run the cleaning program which should hopefully avoid the error happening again - not that there was any warning that cleaning needed doing, and I only learnt what the error related to from the first forum - and hopefully that has avoided both me spending £150 and a whole printer going to waste with all its plastic etc.

So thank you tech forum angels :T:T:A

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    I may have spoken too soon with the printer :( :mad: but will try it again tomorrow.

On the bright side, I have done various little bits of tidying that were overdue and packed up two 3bay sales - one can go tomorrow, the other is still awaiting payment. The third item I thought I'd listed doesn't seem to have gone up and I've decided to keep it for now as I do like it, just hadn't been wearing it. £12.50 in the bank and more if the other sale pays up :)

I also put two LKB dresses back from the 3bay pile into the cupboard as they may do for winter and I am short on options for now - will see and if I still don't wear them they can be sold. Three more have gone in the charity bag, unfortunately including the LKB that I never did get round to complaining to the seller about - never mind, too late, move on! This has reduced the stack a bit, but I still need to decide what to do about the suits - they will probably also end up at the charity shop.

I bought a gift for a friend which is way over budget but... you know how it goes... it was buy the one she will really like and be happy about it, and count my next ShopandScan 4mazon voucher as having contributed to that, or buy something cheaper and always be annoyed it wasn't quite right. So that's sorted. The gifts pot is going to need a top up before Christmas as I have two birthdays to buy for this month, in fact I must shop for them tomorrow. But as I've no major spends before then - hopefully, as all the new work expenses should now be done with - that should be OK, there should be spare in the Oct and Nov paycheques.

So still looking OK and pleased that I have both the flexibility to splash out where it helps and the focus to do at least some £baying!

Rosa xx
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Evening flower - My laptop has a life of its own so I guess it would be a good soul mate for that printer of yours.

Great news on the 3bay :)

Happy weekend - mine will be full of cleaning and clearing

Sam xx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Evening flower - My laptop has a life of its own so I guess it would be a good soul mate for that printer of yours.

Great news on the 3bay :)

Happy weekend - mine will be full of cleaning and clearing

Sam xx

Let's introduce them and send them off into the sunset together!

My weekend was away which means I must now face the cleaning I didn't do :( and a belated Sunday shuffle will be coming up.

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    YNAB updated and belated shopnscan sent in (missed out on the till receipts points, but got the weekly).

I am about £60 over budget on new business expenses as I ordered a textbook and because I remembered to allocate travel costs to this instead of general spending! But under budget on groceries so can probably make it up. It's only a week to payday and I have no other commitments for next month so it can come out of that if necessary.

Bought a couple of things on 3bay but still haven't really sorted winter wardrobe - managing so far and hoping to do a bit of organising on the weekend. I've also managed to still keep grocery costs down by thinking through what I need and either using what's at home or just topping up instead of having a full supermarket raid. Though I do need to do one of those tomorrow!

So just plodding I guess, but plodding happily in the right direction :)

Rosa xx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Sounds like positive plodding though Rosa.

I tried this week to only buy essentials as I wanted to use up what is in my freezer but that didn't go to plan. Still on budget but was hoping to halve it lol.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options

Bought a couple of things on 3bay but still haven't really sorted winter wardrobe - managing so far and hoping to do a bit of organising on the weekend.

I've also managed to still keep grocery costs down by thinking through what I need and either using what's at home or just topping up instead of having a full supermarket raid. Though I do need to do one of those tomorrow!

So just plodding I guess, but plodding happily in the right direction :)

Rosa xx

Snap, Me too - :D very :money: of us

Sam x x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    *high fives Sam :D*

Super quick Sunday shuffle report - all OK. A friend very kindly treated me to a theatre ticket I was expecting to pay for, and a book has sold on 4mazon after about 2 years :rotfl: so that's evened out a little extra spending on movies and the new business. I have even managed to leave my holiday and house deposit pots alone so pleased with that. And my shopping has been better organised as I have at least not been throwing away fresh veg, even if I have been eating shop bought soups and occasional ready meals.

No major spending planned for next month, though I will probably need to top up the gifts pot for Christmas - I bought a couple of spontaneous gifts for friends who needed something to raise a smile, which I love being able to do but hadn't really taken into account in the budget. I'll review my own online wish list and will ask friends and family to do the same.

Payday shortly so will go through everything then and set my budget for November. How did it get here so fast?! :eek:

Rosa xx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    All sounding good, calm and organised :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family