Let's do this!

Options

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Long day at work, was pretty non-stop which is good but it felt never-ending!

Got home later than usual and hubby had set up the cardio DVD as we'd agreed yesterday. He asked if I wanted to do the cardio as I looked tired. I said "not really" but wanted to do it as we could both do with some exercise, and it's nice to do those things together. So, we got on with it and I was pleased we did as I felt like I'd left the stress of work behind :)

I've cashed out a few pounds from Qmee and Curious cat these past few days. These have gone into the rainy day fund. I'm trying to save up as much as possible in anticipation of the car work which may/may not need doing next week.

I'll be posting the ashes for my Charlie ring tomorrow. It's going to be about £16 for the parcel :eek: but I've got it in my budget and it's a one-off, and it'll be worth it :)

I hope everyone has had a good day.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on the excercise :)
    Hope you get to the PO ok.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Well done on the excercise :)
    Hope you get to the PO ok.

Thanks Beanielou :)
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    I had some Amazon voucher codes come through which I'd forgotten about. I'd installed an app on my laptop and phone which records the sites you visit and you get £10 for each after the first month and then I think it's £10 each month thereafter.

So, I used the £20 to buy a couple of toiletry sets for Christmas as my mum and aunt like those. I'm determined not to make Christmas the last minute spending spree it normally is :j

Tonight I used the rest of the excess mushroom sauce which I'd kept from batch-cooking the lunches at the weekend, the leftover mash from a dinner hubby had made the other night (his portion control is zero!) and cooked some tuna steaks that had been in the freezer for months, so a very money saving dinner! :D
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooh have you got the name I the app you downloaded? I'm like you I don't want to struggle this year for Christmas!
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    Oooh have you got the name I the app you downloaded? I'm like you I don't want to struggle this year for Christmas!

Sure! It's with IPSOS. I can't remember how I got signed up to it to be honest, but I think you need to sign up to i-say. They send you surveys but they may then send you something "IPSOS Incompass" where you can download the app onto your laptop and on your phone.
    https://rec-eu.i-say.com/surveys/gb/prelanding/2943/e3944dce44dec44ce18adcdc5251b9b4/3244/1022941f9fc7a5a893cb331f609ec2
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Your money saving meal sounds good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Your money saving meal sounds good :)

Thanks Beanie :) I was actually surprised at how well the mushroom sauce went with the tuna :)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done on starting the Xmas pressie buying - as you say it'll make the actual run up to Christmas so much easier!:T
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Well done on starting the Xmas pressie buying - as you say it'll make the actual run up to Christmas so much easier!:T

Thanks Seaside gal!

Been a bit absent these past few days. I've been reading my thesis ready for next week and just getting caught up in the day to day. Continuing to do surveys when I can and I've had a few little payouts from Curious Cat and Qmee. It's like a bit of regular pocket money!

I'll be so glad once the viva is done. Hopefully there won't be too many amendments to my thesis that need making and then I'll never have to look at the damn thing ever again :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback