Black Dog of Depression - can we help each other?

Options

Comments

• sharon59
    sharon59 Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Lukiesgirl -glad we have been a bit of help.Depression seems to make us feel so alone and this thread really will benefit us in sharing the good and bad times and knowing someone is there who understands.please pm me if you want chat love sharonx
    :j this money saving is such fun:T
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to have two choices at the moment - feeling awful or feeling emotionally numb. I'm not sure which is worse. Does anyone else get this?
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • sharon59
    Options
    I get this Gemmzie -l just feel empty and dead inside -dont "feel"anything and the world goes on around me yet lm stuck in my own bubble-seems to be my lowest times when l experience that feeling.really dont like it but cant do anything about it.
  • sharon59
    Options
    hope everyone is getting thru today alright.sending hugs xxx
  • Purse_String
    Options
    Hello there,
    I'm sorry to hear about how difficult it has been for some of you coping with this depression thing, I feel I only have it in bouts mostly with lupus flares.
    The sleepless nights are a right nuisance and after the 3rd night I sleep like the dead.
    I think the Audio CD's a great idea. Other things I find helpful are reducing caffeine intake from the middle of the afternoon and keeping to regular meal times, nothing too heavy in the evening.
    With the depression, I find having a good tidy up helps me even if it's a drawer a day. I think clutter can get you down.
    Also I used to keep a joke scrapbook, cartoons, quips etc. and bring it out on my black days. Of course it could all be done now on a PC.
    And finally, I try harder now to eat more fruit & veg to boost my energy, smoothies being my favourite.
    Hope this helps.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I hope you all had a reasonable weekend.

Welcome Lukiesgirl and Purse String.

Gemmzie, I know the "emotionally numb" thing very well. Added to the spaced-out feeling from the pain meds, I wonder that I'm not comatose at times! LOL. Hope you're having a better time today.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • TaBunny
    TaBunny Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gemzie, Sharon, god yeah that's how I feel a lot of the time, especially now my eldest daughter has moved out and I hardly see her, miss her so much and the younger one's just turned 16 and is never here sniff, gotta let em go but I'm scared of being alone.

Hi all, thanks for the hugs the other day, god I'm up and down like a roller coaster but everytime I'm bad now I think of Lamewolf's avatar howling at my 'dog of depression' and somehow it makes me smile.
    :p
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Still not good today, in agony and can't shift it despite ibuprofen gel, paracetamol, heat pad, cold pad and relaxation techniques. I hate days like this.
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • sharon59
    Options
    Gemmzie -sorry youve had a rotten day-hope you get some rest tonight and feel better tomorrow.
    Tabunny -letting them go is really hard especially when your not well.I have a neighbour who cant wait for her 3 to leave and doesnt want them home-cant understand it at all!
    Pursestrings-thanks for offering some positive advice.Sometimes as you say something as small as clearing a drawer can give a feeling of satisfaction.I do a few hours a week in a charity shop and sometimes the effort to get myself there is immense but if l make it l find the change of 4walls of home to a more vibrant environment do lift me.
    Lame wolf-keep fighting
    love to everyone else!
    sharon x
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy anniversary sharon59 hope you have had a nice meal together. my brother has come to stay at my mums for a few days as wife away with kids visit other Grannie .with his black Labrador Hatty . i call her black paw !! she keeps giving her paw to you and want cuddles all the time so loving . make you feel alot better , as he has alot of thing gone wrong with family life both made redundant before xmas ect . he has another black dog !!! lucky i can talk to him and get him to write just one letter then have a rest , as he is not sorting anything the letter 's are piling up and he is tried all the time. he has a wekly session with Jeff , we say old poor Jeff this week will have to get some one to talk to as well , but Jeff has been marvouous in helping him , giving books to read for wife to . well must go now as worn out . hugs to all xx
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport