Beware - People's Postcode Lottery!

Options

Comments

• Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do you manage that bird? I have messaged greatmagazines.co.UK. But they keep saying that the code is wrong even though it's the one that the peoples postcode lottery sent me.

My code was accepted, you have obviously received an invalid one. I'm sure if you email them they should sort it out for you.
  • debbie_banevicius
    Options
    I have sent 4 emails now and not one acknowledgement let alone a reply!!! After rereading the previous comments l think I'll cancel, big thanks to all the contributors xxx
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Contact your bank and cancel any payments to them... Tell everyone you know not to get sucked in by them.

Feeble attempt by Andy to say he won a holiday. Odd how he only ever made 2 posts and both in the same thread months apart.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• cjp0973
    Options
    I can confirm I won £20,400 in the November draw of the postcode lottery! It is not a scam
    flashy01 wrote: »
    Since subscribing to this in summer of last year, I have won the princely sum of £4 (twice winning £2). However, I have yet to ever receive either payment which I was told by e-mail would be paid into my bank within 28 days(the sub is paid by direct debit).

I finally phoned today to ask what was going on and was told that this happens often and that they need bank account details to pay the cash in. I take it from this, the only way you're likely to receive any winnings is if they are presented in the form of a gigantic novelty cheque. I know it only amounts to £4, but what if it was two wins of £100?

I urge anyone who subscribes to PPL, to please ensure that they are actually receiving the payments for any money they win as I feel this is a somewhat fraudulent practice. I'm awaiting an e-mail from them as I asked them to contact me to provide a full explanation before I cancel my subscription.
  • catgil
    catgil Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cjp0973 wrote: »
    I can confirm I won £20,400 in the November draw of the postcode lottery! It is not a scam

Yer right!!! Like I believe you :T
  • Sally22_2
    Options
    You can win, this article shows a recent win near where I used to live, I actually did live in a TN22 5 postcode but wouldn't have won anything because I have never signed up to it! But shows there are real winners out there, my partners family know a couple of the winners.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11682501.Uckfield_trio_win___333_333_each_in_Postcode_Lottery/
    Slimming World Member - Started 05/02/15

• ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    catgil wrote: »
    Yer right!!! Like I believe you :T

There's a £20,459 winner from November shown on this page, http://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/DrawResults/Winner/29NovemberSS132AndSL21UQAndCO79QZBasildonAndSloughAndWivenhoe.htm

so they could well be genuine.
  • andy1955
    andy1955 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 11 February 2015 at 12:18PM
    Options
    Contact your bank and cancel any payments to them... Tell everyone you know not to get sucked in by them.

Feeble attempt by Andy to say he won a holiday. Odd how he only ever made 2 posts and both in the same thread months apart.

I take exception to your comment above. I did win the dream holiday in June 2014. The reason i dont post very often is due too the fact that im spending my time enjoying the vouchers i won on holidays and will have a smug smile on my face later in the year when i'm in Italy and Canada enjoying myself thanks too the Postcode Lottery.Sorry you forgot your name it appears to be LOSER.
  • andy1955
    Options
    cjp0973 wrote: »

Congratulations on your win :T i know people will always say its a scam but we know better. Statistics show there are approx 1.8 million postcodes in the Uk so a 1 in 1.8 million chance too win if every postcode in UK entered (which they dont) the only postcodes that go in the draw are the ones who play so odds are much better than the 1 in 14million for other lotteries.
  • maninthestreet
    Options
    scotty1971 wrote: »
    i played for 4 years and won nothing!!!

What part of the word 'lottery' don't you understand??
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure