£2 Savers Club 2018

Options

Comments

• PartyPoison
    Options
    Gem-gem wrote: »
    Yes, Freeport is where I normally spend the afternoon.
    Regarding eating places, hubby likes a good old transport cafe/ fish and chips/ Weatherspoons/ carvery anywhere we’re good wholesome food is served at a very reasonable price (and even better if the beer is real ale). I prefer something more refined. It has to be clean. Nice pubs with home cooked food (I really like it when they use locally sourced food) or an Italian restaurants.

With regards to Fish and Chips - The Cottage chippy was always a really good one. It is currently closed after a fire but due to reopen this year (hopefully soon) http://www. cottagefishandchips .co .uk

Personally, Im a very big fan of Quilligans - a cafe by Winter Gardens in the town centre. I havent been in since they moved to a bigger building next to the original but I believe it is the same just bigger. I introduced my wife to it when we first met and she sneaks there without me sometimes now haha.

A little out of Blackpool the opposite way to Fleetwood is a pub on the edge of Lytham St Annes called The Waters Edge. No idea why as there is very little water around. But they have a carvery (I have never had that but been told its good by friends that have) and a good menu. It isnt a chain so thats always a plus in my opinion (though Wetherspoons is good for what it is to be fair) and while the food has always been good there, the cakes are outstanding!

There is a distinct lack of really nice places to eat though restaurant wise in my opinion. Mr Basrai is an all you cna eat buffet which has good food but its not really a fine-dining establishment. I did like an Italian called Sapori in the town centre (took my now wife there on our first proper date - wow thats old fashioned haha) which was by far the nicest place in the town (check it out on night you are here) but to get anywhere else really nice you have to leave Blackpool. St Annes has a few - Olive Tree (Greek), Zen (Chinese) are my faves.

Sorry for long off topic post but hope that helps.

Back on topic - Iv noticed people are looking for none plain £2 coins, any particular reason? I have £70 worth and all but 3 or 4 are the same design.
    £2 savers club #54 Current total - £86
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #094 - £4445.12/£8143.94 (54.6%) paid
    Debt as of January 1st 2018: £8143.84
    Debt as of today (13/04/18): £3,698.82

OYSTON OUT!
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Party Poison, Thanks for all the info about the eating establishments in and around Blackpool.

Regarding picture coins, Some of us have a £2 coin collectors album from Royal mint. I have one or two missing. Every year they issue different designs and I like to keep one of each design. Also some are in very short supply so are in demand. I am finding that I am receiving less and less of the picture designs.

One more two pound coin for me - into the pot it went. When it went in it made a different sound. I must have totally covered the bottom of the pot and some more.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    fatrab wrote: »
    Landed another one! It's a First World War 2016 woohoo

You lucky thing. What picture did it have on the front?
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    I think it's called the "Pals Battalion", it's 3 soldiers faces in a row.
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

2014 - Lord Kitchener - We Want You
    2015 - Navy
    2016 - Army
    2017 - Aviation
    2018 - Armistice

This year ends the five year commemoration of WW1.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 1 February 2018 at 9:46AM
    Options
    After a really sparse week I managed to get one £2 coin from the family history payment kitty,but my kind neighbour had managed to collect 3 for me,so that makes 21 coins,£42!!!!! :j:j:j
    Looks like my neighbour is going to be my major source of the coins:D:D:D
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    I now have £68 :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • taskey
    taskey Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    got 2 in my change yesterday - both normal ones - will update my signature tonight.

I keep special ones and normal ones separately, I am not counting my specials as I will be keeping those and not spending them - would like to get one of each. My daughter (who works in a shop and gets loads) is doing the same.
  • PartyPoison
    Options
    2 more for me last night that I bought off the wife. Then this morning when I needed change for the shop I had none. Ooops.
    £2 savers club #54 Current total - £86
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #094 - £4445.12/£8143.94 (54.6%) paid
    Debt as of January 1st 2018: £8143.84
    Debt as of today (13/04/18): £3,698.82

OYSTON OUT!
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :beer: 2 £2 today, I have taken to asking at the till when they are sorting out my change :rotfl:
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family