Chrimbo crackers countdown

Options

Comments

• Hope78
    Hope78 Posts: 755 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Folks

I'm signing up for Gold, I am aiming to clear my egg card by Christmas (currently £1500) and will be putting all my earnings towards paying that off. I'll be paying it off as I earn though to avoid too much interest!

Good luck everyone, now going to hunt down the back off the sofa so I can make a start!

Hope

ps. Thanks gwen
    LBM 03/07 £44k:eek: DFD 31/12/17 :A 12/17 £2545.50
    Credit Card £2500.00 & Next £45.00
    Savings = £81.21 & Help To Buy ISA = £4700.00
  • MinniMe_2
    MinniMe_2 Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    great idea - can I join for bronze please.

i wont actually start until Aug as I'm doing make £5 a day for july (not so sucessfully!!) so will concentrate on that till the end of the month then push for this.

If I can complete bronze into saving it would pay for christmas :)
    New surname New start!
    Total Debt - [STRIKE]£9999.09 [/STRIKE]now 7633.16 23.66% paid off
  • gwen80
    gwen80 Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 July 2010 at 2:12PM
    Options
    More challengers, excellent! :j

I've just been watching a programme on iplayer called 'How to beat tough times' which has scared me :eek::eek:

My £5 from vodafone has tracked, which is good :beer: It all helps :D

Are people mainly using the extra money to pay off debts or for other things? I need to save up to pay for my holidays coming up. I don't intend to make either expensive, but I have a few days in Europe booked and a week in a cottage with family. Then I'll concentrate on paying off my credit card, then saving up for the house renovations I need to get done.

I'm wondering if going for a silver cracker is actually realistic as I have a busy few months ahead, but I'll leave it as that for the time being and if it looks totally unrealistic in a couple of months, I can think again.

Gwenx
    Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
  • gwen80
    gwen80 Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooo I was reading the Olympic thread and wondering if you had started this yet!

I seriously need something to focus on and so I would love to join, I shall keep it small and aim for bronze £510.

Good to see you again Gwen xxxxxx

Good to see you too Buffy. You take care :A
    Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
  • Herewego
    Herewego Posts: 2,541 Forumite
    Options
    Can you add £37.05 for me :jAmazon money transferred from this weeks sales. Mine will be going straight off my debt to help reduce interest although off on holiday on Friday so that could be all the money I make in the next 2 weeks :o
    MARCH 2016 DEBT £25750/ £25035
    EST DFD JAN 2021 (that needs to change)
    NOW JAN 2019 (that still needs to change)
  • kiwigirl
    kiwigirl Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

Can I join please? Will aim for silver - brother gave me £200 he owed me the other day :beer: (was going to go for bronze but bro's cheque will boost it)
  • miss_empty_piggy
    Options
    Hi All, had a right good rummage around the house and found £14.46 in "spare" money around the house. To be fair most of this was in a cash box that I had completely forgotten about last time I did a car boot sale. Does this count? I really hope so, it felt good that I have actually got started!!! There was 51p which my partner cheekily left by the bed this morning, claiming this was "for last night". I am assuming that he meant the cheese on toast I made him for supper!!!
  • georgiebrown0
    Options
    Hi can i join please i would like to have a go at Silver. :)
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Bronze for debt busting and Silver for saving :D Just want I need to motivate, love this challenge every year
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • gettingthereslowly
    Options
    Hi All, had a right good rummage around the house and found £14.46 in "spare" money around the house. To be fair most of this was in a cash box that I had completely forgotten about last time I did a car boot sale. Does this count? I really hope so, it felt good that I have actually got started!!! There was 51p which my partner cheekily left by the bed this morning, claiming this was "for last night". I am assuming that he meant the cheese on toast I made him for supper!!!

I think you can inc the found money :D

Oh and id say the 51p was for the cheese on toast. Id hope for more than that in any other situation ;)

Good luck everyone. Will be posting on ebay tom to get me started and raiding the piggies! Need to get my debt down xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure