Forum Home » Debt-Free Wannabe

Chrimbo crackers countdown - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Chrimbo crackers countdown

edited 3 August 2010 at 10:08AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
241 replies 22.6K views

Replies

• panambipanambi Forumite
    249 posts

Have another £3 in paypal thanks to lightspeed

Can I ask, does paypal deduct anything when you get paid by paypal from lightspeed? I have only gotten amazon vouchers before but near payout level and considering asking for paypal payment.
    LBM 31/01/2009: £19,422
    Chrimbo crackers: £207.17/£510
  • No you get the full money. Its great if you like ebaying, I payed my fees last month out of the lightspeed payout.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• panambipanambi Forumite
    249 posts
    Oh thats great, thanks! Will do that from now on (I also do some ebaying)
    LBM 31/01/2009: £19,422
    Chrimbo crackers: £207.17/£510
  • Another £3 for a survey so total now up to £12
  • edited 19 September 2010 at 11:22AM
    BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    16.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 September 2010 at 11:22AM
    got a 15 pound payout from Lightspeed, was slightly gutted that I had no points in Toluna account but I haven't used it for ages

And I have 6 pounds in a bingo account.
    Debt Free as of 26/07/19 (third time is the charm!)
    House Savings target 0/5000, H2B 3000/5400, General savings 700 a month
  • another £2 in
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• Nothing to add for me yet.

Broken hearted - you're doing well with lightspeed; I have a few surveys waiting, so I'll give that a go this weekend.

A lot of my toluna points have gone too, Buffy - I didn't realise they had an expiry date! I was never going to get to payout, so just put the rest into the prize draw and then I'm closing the account.

Also found out that my nectar card had been closed due to not using it - I'm sure I had some points on there.

Oh well, two less things to think about.
  • mumpsmumps Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Going to start some decorating and went to pick paper today, I was a bit cheeky and asked for a discount and got £15 off so I am pleased with that. I actually chose a paper that was less than I had budgeted for but I won't count that but I think my cheeky £15 is worth counting.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • edited 19 September 2010 at 11:22AM
    BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    16.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 September 2010 at 11:22AM
    Its annnoying tho, I am sure I had an Amazon payout from them so I don't think I lost a lot. I must look at my nectar points.... and Boots too.

I am going to sort out the money thing on Monday and then apply for a cashback credit card plus move my wages to take advantage of the £5 reward thing.

Free money is the key people xxx
    Debt Free as of 26/07/19 (third time is the charm!)
    House Savings target 0/5000, H2B 3000/5400, General savings 700 a month
  • mumpsmumps Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Well I think this challenge is bringing me luck. In the 2 years I have been doing scratchies the most I ever won was £5, then I got £5 on Wednesday and £5 today. Can't quite believe it but I have redeemed £12 and it has gone through. Might buy a lottery ticket while my luck is like this.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500