IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN challenge fail - what next

Options
So, I used the blue text template as suggested in the top thread on the page. I didn't send a letter, but pasted the text into the appropriate box on the appeals page.

They have responded saying the appeal was unsuccessful and reiterating a fine.

What are my next steps?

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,038 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    brinders wrote: »
    So, I used the blue text template as suggested in the top thread on the page. I didn't send a letter, but pasted the text into the appropriate box on the appeals page.

They have responded saying the appeal was unsuccessful and reiterating a fine.

What are my next steps?

Really?

As you haven't said who the PPC is the course of action cannot be defined, but the answers are in the newbies thread, and you have been through this before.
  • brinders
    Options
    It's APCOA.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I bet they did not use the word fine , as it's an invoice , a parking charge notice

Of course they rejected the appeal , they always do

Did they issue a popla code with the rejection ???
  • brinders
    Options
    Yep, I have a POPLA code - and will look at what to do with that on here. I have no photos - I was not the driver when the PCN was issued.

You're right about "fine" - it's still referred to as PCN.
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Where was the parking event - railway cp, council owned cp, retail park etc
  • brinders
    Options
    Railway car park
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Likely to be bye-laws then, search for and read some similar APCOA threads. Can you revisit the car park (without your car) and read the signs to see if the land is protected by bye-laws?
  • brinders
    Options
    It was for "causing obstruction" apparently. Will have a trawl and see what i can find on here.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's now at least twenty-three days since you received your APCOA appeal rejection letter.

How is your PoPLA appeal coming along?
  • brinders
    Options
    Subsequently, I have now received the Notice to Keeper. The "alleged contravention" took place on 26th September and the notice was issued on 9th December.

From some quick looking in the newbie thread, this is beyond the 56 days they should have sent it in. Am I right to deduce that I should now proceed down the "ignore" route?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure