Cutting Down Alcohol Thread

Options

Comments

• Baileysonice
    Options
    Hi Baileys,

I am 6/15 not 5/15.

Thank you :)

You caught me mid editing there doingitanyway. I had a couple of days to catch up on and my shocking memory only holds a couple of peoples posts at a time so it take a few edits :o:o

Should be all spick and span and bristol shape again now :):)
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks Baileys.
    I wouldn't have thought I would be so bothered as to alert you! But every day is hard won right now :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,413 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hey all, I had lunch today with an old friend (one who has turned up at my workplace again after an absence) and ended up having a drink with the food, so that's my AFD gone, but it's okay since it was a lovely catchup and a really good meal. Back to it tomorrow. :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Baileysonice
    Options
    Thanks Baileys.
    I wouldn't have thought I would be so bothered as to alert you! But every day is hard won right now :)

Oh I agree its hugely important particularly on the smilie days :D I would rather people let me know as I would hate anyone not getting the numbers they have worked so hard for :o
  • lamarsi
    lamarsi Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 20 March 2018 at 9:13PM
    Options
    Whoops I counted wrong mine is 12 not 11 but I!!!8217;m happy to wait till the next update cause I!!!8217;m not thinking of having drink for a few more days at least
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    13/25 AFDs today
  • Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 490 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    20/31 for tonight please Baileys
  • Baileysonice
    Options
    lamarsi wrote: »
    Whoops I counted wrong mine is 12 not 11 but I!!!8217;m happy to wait till the next update cause I!!!8217;m not thinking of having drink for a few more days at least

No problem all up to date now :)
  • Glenda
    Glenda Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    So a Tuesday would have been my wine in front of the TV evening not to say I could'nt do it on a Wednesday or a Thursday for that matter but mostly Tuesday's. Tonight I changed my routine like you suggested Paspatur i had a lovely hot bath and a pamper session. Felt great afterwards.

Baileysonice-congrats on doing dry January I never managed to do it myself .

Has anybody every managed to give up one drink like say wine because it doesn't agree with them but continued to drink beer? Or would there be a risk of just using beer as a substitute. I'm not trying to find excuses to not stick to my targets but if there was a way I could have a social drink and not lose all control I would.

4/15for me please Baileys
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    18/28 for me today please! Not been on here much as on holiday this week, just having a week off to do some decorating and spend some quality time with the family.

Had one unplanned drink so far this week but unfortunately that probably means I'm not going to hit target now as have one more planned drinking day on Saturday. Still, I think I'm actually doing ok as normally I'd have a beer in my hand by mid-afternoon on any/every previous days off.

Hi Glenda, welcome along :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport