Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning MMT,

Hope you're feeling a bit better today. Xx
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I'm still a achey but am feeling a bit better as it's not been so cold. I have been falling asleep for an hour or so in the afternoons, I don't know if my body is fighting something off or if I'm just old now. ;)

I like the idea of making my own spreadsheet EssexH, but goodbudget and YNAB have cute little cartoons and pie charts, etc. I am so easily swayed by anything cute... :o in all seriousness I do like being able to see how changing a few things here or there can make a difference in the long run. YNAB makes it easy to see how much further you need to go to get to your goal, it was about the only thing I actually understood how to use and the way it worked was quite motivational. I haven't gone back to either program yet - I feel like I haven't sat down in days though I know this is not the truth.

The tools have been returned so I can get started on the big project tomorrow. I'll probably finish up on Friday and then get the Xmas decorations up over the weekend. I felt a bit bad as my dd was asking why they weren't up yet, she loves to help decorate and feels she's missing out on "extra Christmas time". Her cousin has decorated her bedroom and now dd thinks she should do the same, just to squeeze out every drop of Christmas joy that she can. She's moved up into the comprehensive but when it comes to Christmas you'd think she was still in reception, bless her! :p

I'm not long back from work, and after being tired all day I am now wide awake. If only I didn't need to be up early in the morning! I hope everyone has a nice night xx
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    LOVE your DD's attitude to christmas - I loved my little tree and the decorations in my own room when I was a kid - had a little silver tinsel tree with all red ornaments - good old Woolworths! :rotfl: I struggle to bother doing too much at home now - particularly this year as we'll be away for the day itself. we will do the communal hallway though as everyone gets to appreciate that. we've done that for a good few years now and the nice thing is that the other floors in the building do the same thing for their bit now. :D Top floor even have fairy lights!

Interesting you should say that about feeling less achey as it's been less cold. I've noticed the same thing the last couple of days. Does mean that I'm not much looking forward to the seriously cold weather they are predicting after christmas though!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry you've not been feeling well Misty.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I'm feeling much better now Bobarella, thank you! It seems as soon as the temperature gets below 5, I start to stiffen up. I can see why so many older people retire to warmer climes.

Today I'll be finishing my big project, I made great progress yesterday so am hoping to have it completed before noon today. I'll get out the decorations ready for this afternoon, and when dd gets home from school we'll start making things Christmassy!

I haven't managed to cross all the items off my list, life keeps getting in the way of my good intentions. Things that should bring in some money are not selling on the local sites, so I'm now resigned to listing them on evilbay. I've pushed myself harder than I have done in years, so I'm going to relax and enjoy the holidays. I'll put what is left to sell in boxes and store them in my closet, and bring them out again once the Xmas decorations are put away. I haven't managed to clear my list but when I look at all that I have accomplished, I'm happy. Being able to fit what is left into my closet is amazing, a few months ago it would have taken up the entire bedroom. If I hadn't started this diary I doubt I'd have kept up the momentum. Holding myself accountable has been the key. :beer:
  • Huskyrunner
    Options
    Start playing the lottery if you win move too Spain and put me in your suitcase?lol

Is it your joints that stiffen? Did you try the tumeric/flaxseed/cod liver oil.
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I'm not that keen on leaving the UK to be honest, but if I win the lottery I'll ship you over in a suitcase anyway! :p

It's my back, knees and feet that stiffen up the most. I've been taking some fish oil capsules from the supermarket but after some research, it seems they aren't the best quality and will do little to help. I still need to go to a health shop and see about getting turmeric and flaxseed oil. I've been putting off going shopping for anything the last couple of weeks as things are quite tight at the moment.

The big job is done, everything is tidied away, DD and I have most of the decorations up, and the extra boxes are stowed safely in the closet until January. It looks so lovely and cosy. I need to find a way of keeping that cosiness going throughout the year, maybe make more of an effort to light candles, etc. especially in January as the house always seems a bit bare and cold once the decorations have been put away again. I'm so looking forward to owning my little cottage in Wales or ? with a proper log fire! Knowing that the more NSDs I have and the more I can save up, the closer I will be to buying my cottage is helping to keep me on track. I've even started a pintrees board with pictures of pretty Welsh cottages and cast iron stoves :o
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Take a look at ZipVit Misty - they're on TopCashBack too. They have a good reputation albeit I've found their delivery a little slow. I take Evening Primrose Oil daily and their prices for that are miles better than Boots for a better quality product.

Your decorations sound lovely! I must at the very least get our little china tealight holders out to put on the mantlepiece even if it's not really worth doing much else!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evil bay! Terrific, I have never heard it called that before :))
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I will look at ZipVit, thank you EssexH! I've not heard of them before.

Evilbay was not my invention Bobarella, but it certainly describes how I feel about it!

I don't have much planned for today, I am going to look at the list to see if there are any small jobs I might feel up to but otherwise I'll just do some more tidying and laundry, then sit down with some cookbooks this afternoon to find inspiration for the meal plan. There will be a period of adjustment as I try out new recipes, the last few I've made thought everyone would love but the family wasn't impressed. I'm a bit exhausted after yesterday's big job, but am so glad to have it completed and crossed off!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure