Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Poor DH. Sounds very uncomfortable.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

Gas and electricity bills came through yesterday after being read....£600 in total :eek: need to change suppliers now I think, their bills keep creeping up so time to play with someone else.

DD did her Guides bit at Brownies and loved it.

DS did the mannequin challenge with Cadets, all the squadrons in the area are competing :)

Not a NSD today, need to buy MIL a birthday card.

Need to email my contact today about my contract and offer to come down to pick it up.

Also we looked at houses yesterday and talked about moving, yes we can do it and get a bigger house, but would cost us an extra £300pm. If we did, I'd have another challenge to try and get the mortgage down :rotfl::D

Going to be a wet one here today, make sure you wrap up warm if you're going out.
  • Just had a look on Quidco and I can change our Gas and Electric, it will save us £300+ per year and I'd get £30 cashback. I will have a proper look this weekend but I think it's a no brainer.
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Are you happy in your current house or has the plan always been to eventually move somewhere else?

I can't believe the contract still isn't in your hands. :mad:

The filofax goal thing is fun, isn't it? I am crossing off things right and left and it just spurs me on to get more done. I feel organised and in control, which I'd slipped up on recently. I need to pop out to the post office in a bit, but when I get back I will have most of the day to work on the getting it done. :)
  • We've always been trying to move, but life and kids got in the way. Now they're getting older, DD especially needs a bigger room as the one she has at the moment fits in a single bed with no room for anything else :(

I'm a bit annoyed that the contract still isn't here, I want to work for them but can't do anything until they pull their finger out.

I forgot just how organised I used to be until I started reusing my Filofax, it's a blessing now and I'll start using it in full force next year. Let me know how you get on today with yours....I may need some tips :)
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    use a spreadsheet mine is a we lifesaver and can do projections and that :).... i realise how sad i sound lol x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • monz wrote: »
    use a spreadsheet mine is a we lifesaver and can do projections and that :).... i realise how sad i sound lol x

You're not sad :rotfl: I too have a spreadsheet which I use.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    After a chaser email today and copying in their director....I have had an email confirming that the offer will be emailed over to me today with a hard copy in the post.....Phew!!!!
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope you've had the email of your offer by now!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Great news - hopefully it's safely with you now so you know where you stand! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business