Huggies nappies being discontinued

Options
Not money saving as such but I am gutted

http://www.huggiesclub.co.uk/

They are the only ones we have used and I love them.

Oh well, off to test other brands we go...

Comments

• toddles*
    toddles* Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder why this is? Im sure they must make money on them, is it an ethical thing? doesnt bother me too much as Lidl nappies are superior IMO but everyone has their favourites
    Happy days
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    Options
    I'm pleased they're still making swim nappies and wipes, because I use both of them. Never got on with the nappies, tbh.
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • Sammie_03
    Sammie_03 Posts: 2,026 Forumite
    Options
    I'm also glad they will still be selling the wipes and swimming nappies. My DS never got on with huggies as they had a tendancy to leak but I know others that day they are fab.

Hi fluff!! :D
    Xx
    :)DS1 10yrs :)DS2 7yrs :)DS3 born March 2012
    "Mothers of little boys work from son up until son down"
    It seems that for success in science or art, a dash of autism is required. - Hans Asperger
  • Air_Cooled_75
    Options
    Huggies gave my DS a really sore bum, even if he was only in them for a really short time but I know people who swear by them. We love the wipes in our house though. I wonder what the reason is?? I'd love to know.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had the Huggies Club email with this news. Very bizarre.

Didn't like the Huggies nappies at all with our eldest (the shape seemed "wrong") but they suited our other children.
    Ours are all now dry day and night so makes very little difference to us now...
  • ecoelle
    ecoelle Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Choccielover...try Little Angels from ASDA, we don't use them but we have a number of friends and family who swear by them. We use huggies pull ups so hoping they are true to their word and the pull ups will still be available.
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    I'm glad the wipes are still going to be available. My disabled son is doubly incontinent and most wipes are too thin to deal with the contents of a 14 year old's pull up :o

The Huggies wipes are the thickest that I have found, but even then, I sometimes use three at once.
  • rach83
    rach83 Posts: 300 Forumite
    Options
    I got this email earlier aswell. I'm really annoyed because I am a big Huggies fan. I'd love to know why they are doing this. I guess it must be due to poor sales?

Pampers make my LO sore so did Asda. Not sure what I will do. My daughter is currently nearly 17 months so I may have to stock up nearer the time when I know about sizing etc. According to the email we have until spring 2013.
  • Oog
    Oog Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting.

I thought this might happen because the local Kimberley Clark factory is shutting. A spokesman for the company said on the news that they hadn't made a profit on nappies for twenty years!!!

I feel very guilty about buying all those newborn voucher packs now...
    (And using cloth nappies!)
    Mortgage free plans on hold!
    Renovation Dedication! That's what you need!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure