drydensfairfax solicitors

Options

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,885 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    If you don't know what it is how can you say it's over 6 years since you acknowledged it?

I believe its because it does not show on the OP`s credit file, so is assuming whatever it is, is over 6 years old.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It might not be the OP's debt. It might be something that doesn't get recorded by the credit reference agencies. Sometimes things that you would expect to be recorded just don't appear and there's no apparent reason.
  • RalphFridge
    Options
    Over a year later, I finally heard something back yesterday. Its just the T's & C's of the credit card agreement, The letter says they are still awaiting further documentation.
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Well you haven't acknowledged the debt by sending a prove-it and they haven't started a court claim.

If it wasn't statute barred then it probably is now.

But no need for you to do anything. Just sit back and wait. Arrow Global have paid money for something worthless. Well done for putting a little dent in their profits.
  • Kaloulee
    Options
    Hi their I am new to this forum and have no idea how to start a new thread so have replied here as I too have been sent a bailiff letter from Dryden Fairfax on behalf of Arrow Guernsey for a debt of £1454 from back in 2003.

They didn't even know my first name as my letters were to Miss Unknown Leeder but I was so scared I ring them up and they made me do an expenditure over the phone and I've started paying £25 per week which I can't afford so have got to get back in touch with them to lower the payments, but after reading the above thread can I still question why they have left it so long and send them the same letter?

Many thanks

Karly
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Go to the dfw forum and press the Post New Thread button

You haven't been sent a bailiff letter. You've been sent a speculative letter from some fake solicitors and have succumbed to it.

Send them the letter here and tell them to **** off.
  • WhenIam64
    WhenIam64 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    Send them the letter here and tell them to **** off.

You might want to write to an individual with that message.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/organisation/people/469986/drydens-limited?Solicitors=True

Perhaps Mr Gribit (of Sue, Gribit and Run?) would be the best bet
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.

The law is like an ocean - have a swim but don't drown.
  • butterfly2014
    Options
    Sorry to jump on this thread but looking for some advice from anyone who has dealt with this company.I had the standard letter from them saying they had bought an old Halifax debt from capquest who I hadn't heard from for years.I sent the statute barred letter to them and today they have sent a letter stating that the last payment I made was 12/04/14.Therefore they have till 12/04/20!They are now asking me to contact them to make a payment arrangement for the balance remainder.My question is how much power have they got seeming as this debt probably goes back to 2005!I have paid probably 2k of the original amount and there is 833.27 left.Thanks
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Sorry to jump on this thread but looking for some advice from anyone who has dealt with this company.I had the standard letter from them saying they had bought an old Halifax debt from capquest who I hadn't heard from for years.I sent the statute barred letter to them and today they have sent a letter stating that the last payment I made was 12/04/14.Therefore they have till 12/04/20!They are now asking me to contact them to make a payment arrangement for the balance remainder.My question is how much power have they got seeming as this debt probably goes back to 2005!I have paid probably 2k of the original amount and there is 833.27 left.Thanks

Did you use sourcrates' letter off the sticky?

Did you make a payment in April 2019?

Why did you think this was statute barred?

Are you in Scotland?
  • butterfly2014
    Options
    Yes I used the letter and no I haven't paid anything since April 2014.

I'm not in Scotland. I thought it was around 2013 to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure