drydensfairfax solicitors

Options
124»

Comments

• Derwick
    Options
    Hello,
    How reliable are Drydens Fairfax. It is impossible to get in contact with them and I have an enquiry about a debt I am paying them for. Their customer service is absolutely rubbish and a quick look on Google confirms it. Can anyone answer are they legit???
  • WhenIam64
    WhenIam64 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    @Derwick

The legal entity is Drydens Ltd and they are on the Law Society Role here

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/office/469986/drydens-limited

You should start your own thread if you want advice. Secondly the quality of their Customer Service is not really an issue for you as you are not a customer if you are a debtor. The client who can complain about CS will be your creditor.

What do you need help on?
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.

The law is like an ocean - have a swim but don't drown.
  • liveabroad
    Options
    HI,

I had 4 student loans - 1997/98/99/2001 - whilst at university in the UK.

Date of original agreement 1997.

I'm now 41 years old.

The last confirmed deferral I sent to SLC was 14/05/2012
    I sent a letter and a deferral form on 14/05/2013 saying that I was moving country and to update my details - I never heard anything if they received this and its been quiet ever since.

My family in the UK then received:
    On 19/10/2018 I received a letter from Shoosmiths saying my SLC had been sold to them in 2013 and offered me a payment deal or a CCJ would be issued.

On 15/02/2019 I sent Shoosmiths a letter saying that I hadn't heard anything from the SLC company since I moved and that I didn't know my loan had been sold. I told them to return my account to Erudio so I can sort it with them. I also told them I don't live at the UK address anymore.

On 31/10/2019 I received a letter from Erudio saying my loan is now being dealt with by Drydensfairfax.

On 04/11/2019 I received a 'Letter of Claim*' from Drydensfairfax saying 'We have been instructed by, Erudio Student Loans Ltd, in relation to the above debt. If you do not provide proposals to repay this debt or respond as otherwise detailed in this letter, legal proceedings may be issued by a county court’

*Its very similar to the letter from Shoosmiths in 2018.

I haven't lived in the UK since 2007 and all I have is 1 x bank account which is registered to my family's address. I guess thats how they got this address.

Since I live in another country and have no plans on return to the UK, apart from vacation. Should I be concerned with these letters?

Thoughts or options....
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,675 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It might be better in a new thread. However, this is what National Debtline say:

Old-style student loans are for students who started their university course before September 1998.

The Limitation Act says that the limitation period for student loans is six years.

Old-style student loans usually became due for repayment in the April following the conclusion of your course, and any limitation period could not begin until after you missed a payment on your loan. However, if you asked for your loan to be deferred within the six year limitation period, this would have restarted the limitation period. If you think your loan may be statute barred, contact us for advice.

The 'us' in this case is National Debtline. Why not phone or webchat them?
  • butterfly2014
    Options
    So further to my previous post I have now received a further letter saying that they have received the documents from my creditor.It is a very bad scan of what looks like a credit agreement signed in 2003.It then says the account is being placed on hold while they await further documents.Anyone had anything like this?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,675 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    So further to my previous post I have now received a further letter saying that they have received the documents from my creditor.It is a very bad scan of what looks like a credit agreement signed in 2003.It then says the account is being placed on hold while they await further documents.Anyone had anything like this?

This thread's difficult because there are so many people using it.

Your debt is heading to be statute barred in April isn't it?

No need for you to do anything.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,993 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 January 2020 at 8:53PM
    Options
    Please start a new thread if you want advice on this, or any other similar company. Thanks.
    This thread will now be closed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure