Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• slliw
    slliw Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Myvegas 2 comp June - Dec 2018 rooms are starting to show up
    We just booked 3 comp rooms in Vadra for Sept 17-19th. 2 from my account and one from the Mrs.

So far Aria, Mirage, Vdara, NYNY are up. you can only see the availability by making a reward purchase but some of the fb groups are starting to share the dates
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    @photome
    its direct from Heathrow to Vegas (my flight starts in Dublin first)....
    I know we are on the 747 plane....

I'm planning on grabbing a burger in "heart attack grill" this year, been saying it for years! If I get the paddle, hopefully the wife will get the photo !! :D
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    slliw wrote: »
    We just booked 3 comp rooms in Vadra for Sept 17-19th. 2 from my account and one from the Mrs.

So far Aria, Mirage, Vdara, NYNY are up. you can only see the availability by making a reward purchase but some of the fb groups are starting to share the dates
    You got two room rewards or two nights? I get an error message if I try to get more than one room reward at a time. I was told the first one had to be used before you could buy another.

Maybe that rule has changed.
  • slliw
    slliw Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    We got 3 nights in total using a 2 night comp on my account and using one night comp on the Mrs account. You can only use one hotel comp per account every 30 days.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We got 3 nights in total using a 2 night comp on my account and using one night comp on the Mrs account. You can only use one hotel comp per account every 30 days.
    That’s what I thought. Thanks.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    StuieUK34 wrote: »
    @photome
    its direct from Heathrow to Vegas (my flight starts in Dublin first)....
    I know we are on the 747 plane....

I'm planning on grabbing a burger in "heart attack grill" this year, been saying it for years! If I get the paddle, hopefully the wife will get the photo !! :D

From memory it was the 747 we were on, hope ur flight is mor comfortable than ours
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Flown with BA once to Vegas, never again.

the A/C wasnt working, was most uncomfortable flight I have ver been on , it was sooo hot! was a few years ago now though so they may have changed the type of aircraft they use

It was also direct, looks like you are suggesting you are not flying direct

Nope they still use their oldest 744's
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    edited 20 May 2018 at 9:29PM
    Options
    StuieUK34 wrote: »
    Wooohooooooooooooo !!!!
    Off to Vegas next week ! :D:D (crazy flight plan like last year! :D )

Just kinda hoping some miracle happens over the weekend, and the buy rate on the dollar goes back upto $1.40 !!!! :D:D

Any of you guys flown with BA to Vegas ? Were flying on Friday, hopefully not a stag party flight day ?!

We only fly in thepointy end but from what I've heard it's not pleasant out back.

Don't know if you realise but you will be flying into T5 and out of T3. The DUB gates are A22-A23 and separate from all the other connections.

Now seeing that we made this mistake I'm going to pass it on to you. DO NOT follow all the connecting flights signs. You will end up landside and have to get the tube or HEX to T3.
    As you get out of the airbridge the signs for connections takes you to the left, but there is also a closed door that says "connections" straight in front of you. There should be someone there but if not stand there and someone will come to see you. Show them your boarding pass for LAS and they will let you in, there you follow the signs for connections and just get the bus.

Have a look here
    Hope this helps
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    Options

Mine are still only going to June!!
    I need to see August, where are you looking ?
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    Stuie, the BA 747s I have travelled on the last few times ( although not to LV) are now showing their age imo. Depends how many in your party, there are a few rows of 2 seats near to the rear of the plane which offer a little more privacy if there are two of you.

I was surprised that the aircraft didn't even have power sockets either plug or usb whereas the more modern BA will.

As long as the plane is safe and they feed and water you, what more could one ask for on an economy ticket. Up front you should expect better.

Have a good trip.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport