PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th October 2016

Options

Comments

• Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Still haven't brushed my hair :eek: instead, I have tied it up into what I understand is this season's hot trend....the messy bun.

I'm delighted to now be trendy.

Mixed day of achievement. Much of the flying was done by Mr N who loaded 3 loads of washing including bedding, hung them out and brought them in. Then he took his mum shopping so did ours too. At least I unpacked it and put it away.

I finished one report and emailed it, and have scored up 2 others.
    Got paperwork and plans ready for tomorrow's student.
    Caught up with emails including what is turning out to be an information sheet for a person who responded to an ad I put on Freecycle to get rid of some water lilies. I asked him how many he wanted - he gave a few details but said he didn't know much about ponds - so I emailed back giving him a bit of advice!! What an interesting life I lead.........
    Caught up with work bookings.
    Tried without a great deal of success to declutter/clean tablet which is running slowly.
    Collected windfall apples.
    Watered greenhouse.
    Pulled out a few weeds.
    Checked, organised, labelled post both incoming and outgoing.
    Cooked dinner.
    For me - caught up with Sat's Strictly while Mr N was at gym.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Morning,

Just posting my list for the day :

Daily stuff
    Wipe appliances, cupboard doors, tiles etc
    Dust kitchen diner and conservatory
    Clean windows kitchen diner and conservatory
    Menu plan
    Do some research for school meeting

Right, of to make packed lunches and get ready for the world.

Have a lovely day everyone x
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning All,

Flying off-list today, doing some childcare for family so what little I achieve will be done in and amongst looking after three under 5s. I must must must:

- Run 2 WM loads
    - Run DW
    - Vacuum upstairs
    - Pay a bill from last week
    - Make a chilli
    - Clean the oven (I used to pay someone to do this :o)

I will also drop a couple of bits into the charity shop if I remember.

Have lovely days all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok.

Change of plan for me today. I'm already doing paid stuff so will take tomorrow off instead. Also I have dusted the dusty bits and cleaned the inside of the windows in the LR and HSL.

Poppet will have her first proper walk today, very exciting.

Oh and me time yesterday was painting my nails while DS looked after the dogs.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning :D

valli, continued thoughts for you and hope your sister is comfortable x

k, emptied the sink drainer and the dw, took teenie to the metro station and popped into morries on the way back for car oil, mushrooms and spaghetti (guess what were having for tea lol) yup, prepped spag bol in the SC, made 2 x brews, and seen to the dog and the cat. Will be popping upstairs shortly to get the washing and to open curtains windows etc etc.

Work 10 till 2.30 today 3 houses back to back but 2 are ironing only, then teenie pick back up, then....the big clean Tuesday will commence.....

complete clean of kitchen inc. Unit fronts, paintwork, benches, floor hoover and mop

LR complete clean, hoover and windows
    Hallway....hoover and mop
    stairs.....hoover
    cloakroom.....full clean inc. Windows and paintwork

I do the bathroom on thursday along with the landing, and the beds and bedrooms as and when, the kids do their own so its only mine and seeing as its being used as storage which im slowly getting through, theres no floor as such, im trying to do one little thing per day, hence the old furniture going yesterday.

well, have a good day ladies, see you in the P.M.

laters xxxx
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a bit of extra time today owing to a student cancelling, so I need to make the most of it.

Been to zumba.
    Cleared bedroom floordrobe.
    Filled bird feeders.

I have set myself a new frog: there are 37 folders/boxes on 3 shelves in my study. I have been meaning to go through them for yonks a) because I know some of them could be flung out or consolidated and b) I need the room as my "completed assessments" shelves are full (you have to keep original data for 7 yrs). I'm not going to say that I will spend all day/week doing it; my target is to look through 7 folders each week - some of them will be easy to sort and others will take a long time and a lot of thought (they range from 'pension info', 'worksheets' - and others of you who are teachers will know how many of those we keep just in case..........and current folders I am using for this year's invoices). So watch this space.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning folks, well it is just sort of morning

Anyway been up since 5am couldn't sleep, not too sure what I have done, but I have now stopped, so all the odds and s ods I have done, have taken me 7 hours! toads and frog eaten, small odds done.

I put the dehumidifier on in the Dining room last night and so far have removed 5.5 pints of water from it................

Just to the VAT to do next to keep HMRC happy!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Howdy!

We are potless!!! Hurrah! No bikes or contact sports for 4 weeks, and no big water slides at CP either, but he can swim and go on the little slides as long as he is careful.
    And, he can now wear long sleeves :D:rotfl: yaay
    So, because it was almost lunchtime he's had a McDs and talked me into going into "smiggle" :eek:

So now I need to do some jobs till 3 then get ready for parents evenings!

Off I go...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Options
    I am streaming with cold, so I'm not having 30 mins Me Time, I'm having a day of it, sitting on the sofa and reading blogs. However, at some point I am going to have to stir myself and deal with two bits of carpet the dog (he's the dog when he's trying, Kelpie when he's lovely, obvs) has yakked and pee'd on. Just as well my cold means I have no sense of smell.
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Options
    Right

1 hour sleep decluttered
    It is so peaceful here today, just loving the quite.
    Shopping is done
    Ironing is done
    VAT is done!
    Cat combed,
    Off to create something for dinner
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories