IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Elite Management (Midlands) Ltd - PCN

Options
Hi folks,

Have spent a few hours reading the newbie thread and searching the forum. I think I’m getting a handle on things but was hoping to get a little clarity.

Firstly, I note that Elite claim they are a BPA member but they are not showing as listed on the BPA website. Another poster had a similar thing happen and it was suggested that they had been suspended from the BPA at a particular time, presumably for non-payment. Can I take it that this is a good reason to ignore the PCN?

Secondly, the PCN states that ...’The vehicle was parked on private property in contravention of the site parking restrictions as displayed on the signage to permit.’ The sign reads as follows (and try as I might I haven’t found details of a similar sign in the forum):

ELITE MANAGEMENT (MIDLANDS) LTD.

PRIVATE LAND
NO PARKING ALLOWED ON DOUBLE RED LINES,
PAVEMENT OR GRASS VERGE.

Please do not park here

PARKING AT YOUR OWN RISK RESTRICTIONS APPLY AT ALL TIMES

Unauthorised vehicles will be liable to receive a parking ticket.
A £100.00 parking charge notice (reduced to £60.00 if paid within 14 days)

Issue of Parking Tickets is digitally recorded.

Failure to pay...’ etc...

Then shows BPA membership and company details (reg 06733401] which is not the same Elite on the BPA website.

The car was not parked on double red lines (there are no lines) or pavement (there is none) and was not parked on a grass verge. The area is basically a street next to a private facility which rents apartments (which is managed by a different parking firm). My understanding is that the car was therefore not parked in contravention of the restrictions on the sign. Should I ignore or appeal (as the keeper of the car) modifying one of the templates in the newbie thread? I have been provided with a photograph of the sign and the parked car.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    There is only ONE template I the NEWBIE thread for initial appeal and that is the one written in BLUE text. do not modify, add, delete or otherwise change. It was written to prevent the unwary from blowing orf their own toes!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 January 2019 at 3:37PM
    Options
    What is the exact name of the parking company shown on the PCN?

It is probably not wise to appeal to a company that is not a member of either of the Approved Operator Schemes.
  • El_Grecko
    Options
    Sorry! Read several templates in different places and conflated them!
  • El_Grecko
    Options
    Exact name is “Elite Management (Midlands) Ltd.”
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Woah!

http://elitemanagementmidlands.co.uk/#

Click on 'appeal' and it leads to an error page. And I can't see an IPC or BPA logo.

And like you, I can't see that exact named firm on the AOS lists of the BPA or IPC. However, here they talk about being in the BPA AOS and POPLA:

http://elitemanagementmidlands.co.uk/parking-privacy-policy/

Email Steve Clark at the BPA and ask if they are active (non banned) AOS members and point out with a link, that their privacy page says they are, but the appeals tab is inactive:

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

Please tell us what Mr Clark says. He reads this forum so you can show him this thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The only BPA logo showing on their website is the (non-dangerous) rectangular, corporate membership one.

Await NtK, if it ever materialises. 28-56 days time.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Gameof
    Options
    Thank you for this advice, not my thread but I’m in the same boat and emailed Steve. He replied saying Elite midlands are boa members but currently suspended due to their conduct so can’t utilize dvla database at present.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 February 2019 at 1:48AM
    Options
    Gameof wrote: »
    Thank you for this advice, not my thread but I’m in the same boat and emailed Steve. He replied saying Elite midlands are bpa members but currently suspended due to their conduct so can’t utilize dvla database at present.

Whoa whoa whoa!

That is NEWS to us!

Please tell us if he gave you dates, if not please ask for dates.

You realise that means they CANNOT later get your data unless they are on the verge of being reinstated? Hence why the dates are vital for you and us to know.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • parkshark
    Options
    Hi,

is there any more information on Elite Management (Midlands) Ltd being 'currently suspended' from the BPA?

thanks in advance
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem become so widespread that MPs agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Hopefully, this will become law by Easter .
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure