Change Sky details of Ex Partner

Options
Hi i want to change the account details on my Sky account from my abusive Ex partner but Sky won't talk to me because it is in his name. The payments for the Sky contract comes out of my account so i am paying for this but have no control over it, including remote access and additional purchases. He cannot contact me and he is prevented from coming back to the house due to his bail conditions so because he is getting a freebie from me he will not cancel the package. I want to keep Sky for the children but i can't change details or anything, and Sky wont help any suggestions?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi i want to change the account details on my Sky account from my abusive Ex partner but Sky won't talk to me because it is in his name. The payments for the Sky contract comes out of my account so i am paying for this but have no control over it, including remote access and additional purchases. He cannot contact me and he is prevented from coming back to the house due to his bail conditions so because he is getting a freebie from me he will not cancel the package. I want to keep Sky for the children but i can't change details or anything, and Sky wont help any suggestions?

Ask to have your payment details removed from the account and then start your own subscription.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Simply cancel the DD. It doesn't matter whose bank account it comes from: the contract is his, and they will pursue him for the debt, not you.
    Then sign up as a new customer, which you are.
    PS: there are plenty of TV options available which don't require a subscription.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport