Two temperatures showing on boiler

Options
Hi,

Just working out heating in new place. When I first move temperature dial, it says about 25 degrees, but then also flashes to a much higher temperature like 63. What does this mean? The hot water is off. And is it best to control radiator temperature with the valve or from the boiler
Thanks!

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    What heating system do you have? Make / model will assist in being able to provide information.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Chenbas27
    Options
    Hi,

It's a baxi 400 combo boiler, thanks
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I can't see what this behaviour means, it's not mentioned in the manual, but I would imagine that if you are turning the Central Heating Temperature knob, the first temperature will be the current temperature of the water, and the flashing figure the set point. If you turn the knob, only the set point temperature will change, unless the boiler is firing in which case the first temperature will rise towards the set point.

The Central Heating water temperature determines the maximum output from the radiators. Turning the temperature down on the boiler reduces the maximum output of all radiators. So you should set it as low as possible but high enough that your rooms are heated up reasonably quickly and so that radiators are not going to burn anyone touching them, especially children who burn more easily.

The Thermostatic Radiator Valves (TRVs) shut down the flow of water to the radiator when the room is hot enough, so use the TRV to limit the temperature of the room to a comfortable level. The TRVs stop each room becoming too warm, but need the heating to be on to heat to room at all.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure