Bank of Cyprus online easy access account

Options
Does anyone have any experience with this?
I've checked the trust pilot reviews and they are all poor or bad. There are no good reviews at all.

It is advertising @ 1.2% with a year's bonus.

Comments

• Alistair31
    Alistair31 Posts: 947 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Works for me.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had accounts with BoC for years without problems... Issues for some is you have (had) to deposit & w/d from/to linked ac & you must have a mobile phone to operate the ac.
  • zilla6
    zilla6 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BoC 1.2%.
    I see Ford Money, Tesco and ICICI are slightly more, up to 1.25%.

I'm looking for an instant access savings account where I can park some money for some time.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have no experience with Bank of Cyprus but I wouldn't put much much store in Trust Pilot reviews. They never seem representative of any company I've checked and I've given up using the site
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    zilla6 wrote: »
    BoC 1.2%.
    I see Ford Money, Tesco and ICICI are slightly more, up to 1.25%.

I'm looking for an instant access savings account where I can park some money for some time.
    I find Tesco Bank very good for account opening and managing online. I also had my savings rate automatically increased when the bank rate went up last November. I hope they will do the same if the BOE raise rates again in the next month of so.

Bear in mind though that the rate includes bonus for the first year only.
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    I find Tesco Bank very good for account opening and managing online. I also had my savings rate automatically increased when the bank rate went up last November. I hope they will do the same if the BOE raise rates again in the next month of so.

Bear in mind though that the rate includes bonus for the first year only.

While I agree with you that Tesco would be my choice over BoC at this time, what happened when BoE increased their base rate last year is not the best selling point in this comparison. Tesco increased rates by 0.15% a month after the increase while BoC increased rates by the full 0.25% after a couple of weeks resulting in some of us getting 1.55% on our easy access savings.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • RG2015
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    While I agree with you that Tesco would be my choice over BoC at this time, what happened when BoE increased their base rate last year is not the best selling point in this comparison. Tesco increased rates by 0.15% a month after the increase while BoC increased rates by the full 0.25% after a couple of weeks resulting in some of us getting 1.55% on our easy access savings.
    Good on BoC for giving the full 0.25%. Tesco keep changing the bonus rate which is hard to keep up with. I opened my third a few days back at 1.30% to move to when my 1.35% expires. This has since gone down to 1.25% for new accounts.
  • zilla6
    zilla6 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Good on BoC for giving the full 0.25%. Tesco keep changing the bonus rate which is hard to keep up with. I opened my third a few days back at 1.30% to move to when my 1.35% expires. This has since gone down to 1.25% for new accounts.

So you can open a new bonus saver as soon as one matures? I've got a bonus saver with Nationwide and you have to wait 12 months before opening a new bonus saver.
  • RG2015
    edited 8 April 2018 at 2:56PM
    Options
    zilla6 wrote: »
    So you can open a new bonus saver as soon as one matures? I've got a bonus saver with Nationwide and you have to wait 12 months before opening a new bonus saver.
    You can have up to six Tesco Bank internet savers with the best currently paying 1.35% including 0.80% bonus for one year.

Incidentally, which Nationwide account requires a 12 month wait?

PS: The Tesco Bank internet saver rate for new accounts is 1.25% as the bonus is now down to 0.70%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure