Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today I went to Aldi. Someone took my trolley whilst I was hunting where the food chopper https://www.aldi.co.uk/kirkton-house-food-chopper/p/017410285864300 was (hidden under some silicone moulds) someone took my trolley instead of theirs and had to run around the store to find the lady pushing my trolley with about 8 items she put their herself!! Her trolley which she left by the crisps was a big trolley and mine was a small one!

Don't Aldi sell small 400g loaves anymore? Not the half loaves of the big slices.

Not impressed with the SS spicy sriracha tortilla chips were not spicy!
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Don't Aldi sell small 400g loaves anymore?

Do you mean the 400g "5 Seed" white? If so, yes, I have one at the moment (bought on Wednesday). And very tasty it is, too. :)
  • sparky0138
    sparky0138 Posts: 485 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aldi's Specially Selected Salted Caramel and Praline Ice Cream is absolutely incredible. I can't believe it's only £1.89! It's quite sweet and really luxurious. I'd buy it for the ice cream alone never mind the caramel and praline.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Forgot to mention that yesterday (19th) all the produce had dates of 20th and 21st. Is this normal?
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would highly recommend Aldi specially selected Pembrokeshire potatoes. 99p a pack but they are so creamy and remind me of what Jersey Royals used to taste like. They may be limited to stores in Wales and near Wales however. Our store had both these are North West early season potatoes.

Also to the person who had there trolley nicked, the same thing happened to me not long ago and there trolley was also a small and mine was big
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Will keep a look out for the spuds but will be wary of .... nah nah nah.... trolley gate :D
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    PLRFD wrote: »
    Will keep a look out for the spuds but will be wary of .... nah nah nah.... trolley gate :D
    Or you could just stick to a cardboard box from the produce aisle :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How is anyone going to fit crampons, MIG welder and parasol from the centre aisles in a cardboard box..

Tried the Aldi version of Cheerio's yesterday. A bargain and very nice cereal. Not as sugary as the real thing, which is no bad thing.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The excellent "Graham's Goodness" low calorie ice cream (Lidl) now has a lower long-term price of £1.99. (Previously £2.49).

This is a "true" low calorie product with low fat, low saturates AND low sugar.

2 flavours: White Chocolate & Raspberry Ripple and Salted Caramel.
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Since we have moved house at Easter we have started shopping at Aldi and have to say we have been really impressed with the quality of most of the items we have bought.

The one big change has been the dogs food. He is a fussy swine and has a dicky tummy so has to be on a grain free diet. He was previously on Lily's Kitchen at £7/kg but we have since switched him onto the Aldi Langhams Grain Free and he loves it. He wolves it down and at £2.99 for 2kg it is a bargain.

He also loves the grain free wet trays which he has as a treat occasionally. 34p versus the £1.20 for the Lilys Kitchen ones. They seem to agree with him and he is thriving on them so that is a huge saving on our usual pet food bill each month.

Other items we really like are the spicy nacho bean burgers, the lightly smoked scottish salmon portions and the huge pork shoulder joints that are usually about £4.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure