Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• johnbhoy10
    johnbhoy10 Posts: 452 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2018 at 7:13PM
    Options
    We're just back after 3 nights/4 days we got through the German site at the start of the year. We went by plane into CDG and just ended up with the magical shuttle to the Santa Fe Hotel!

Arrived at hotel at approx 3 which was great for the room and hit the parks straight away dropping bags off. Our kids are 7 and 15 so we spilt up into 2 groups and just kept in contact. The trick to making the most of the park rides, as i'm sure most will know, is the fastpass sytem. It made the parks for us....without it i don't think i could recommend but we used them a LOT and just kept texting each other.e.g. if me and my eldest were passing a busy ride that the wee one might like we just fast passed for later. Worked well for us.

Food wise at the hotel was decent......if you can't find a decent meal with the sheer choice available then quite frankly there's no hope for you. We stocked up with pastries, yoghurts and fruit at breakfast and dinner for the parks as we weren't paying their prices, although the kids got the occasional treat but none of us went hungry. Also, used the fountains to keep bottles topped up as we needed it. We were very lucky and the temp was low to mid 20's for our stay.

Place was tidy and clean with cleaners floating about regularly and was in a decent shape overall. Yeah ok a couple of licks here and there but i've seen a lot worse.

As for the illuminations well both my kids loved it!! We went the first night and they wanted to go back and see them again last night!! If these don't impress you we'll all i'll say is that i would like to come round to yours and see what show you put on round guy fawkes!!

We had a great time and it probably helped a wee bit that we'd been before, although a good few years ago. If you've got kids then i would in no way describe this as a relaxing holiday. Due to flight times we only got about 2 and a half days in the parks but we got value out of it. We're knackered but really can't complain about anything as we had a great time!!!

tip- i like my coffee and went for a starbucks one night at hotel near reception. The machine had just broke down. What i didn't know was that your magic pass card has credit on it for coffee machines in the hotel and it was ok!! They didn't tell us this at check in. We were on standard half-board plan!!
  • Donostio
    Options
    Hi
    Planned a trip for 5 year old daughter and my other half next year. My other-half hates waiting in line, being too hot and being too cold...
    Hmmm...
    We pushing the boat out - Magic Breaks Eurostar and the DL Hotel. But when to go? I've scanned lots of these posts and no-one seems to be even mentioning July? Is it just too hot, or too busy?
    TIA
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Donostio wrote: »
    Hi
    Planned a trip for 5 year old daughter and my other half next year. My other-half hates waiting in line, being too hot and being too cold...
    Hmmm...
    We pushing the boat out - Magic Breaks Eurostar and the DL Hotel. But when to go? I've scanned lots of these posts and no-one seems to be even mentioning July? Is it just too hot, or too busy?
    TIA

Early july not too busy, but if you wait for uk schools to break up, then its peak time.

As for weather, its so hit and miss. If you dont like heat, then maybe choose to go in spring/winter instead, or go for more days, so you can head back to hotel between 12-3 and not worry about losing time in park.

If OH doesnt like queues then take full advantage of extra magic hours and additional FP that you get from staying at DL hotel
  • madmum8335
    Options
    Visiting DLP in February and looking at Park tickets. Does anyone have experience of booking through 365tickets? Can get Topcashback if I use them but was wondering if they were ok.
    TIA
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All
    We are all booked up and staying in the Davy Crockett Ranch. We are driving over. 3 adults and 2 kids
    We wondered if anyone had any experience of the food upgrade option - either HB or FB. Worth it? I havent been to Disney for 20 years and can't remember the food prices but assume they are extortionate.
    I remember the wild west night included food and was enjoyable - still the case?

Thanks
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    lindens wrote: »
    We wondered if anyone had any experience of the food upgrade option - either HB or FB. Worth it? I havent been to Disney for 20 years and can't remember the food prices but assume they are extortionate.
    Prices are extortionate, especially at the Disney restaurants.
    If you get a "free" meal plan with your deal then great. If not, it's probably not worth paying for unless you know it's exactly what you want. If you're going to eat at Disney buffets every day then it's probably cheaper to get the meal plan. But if you want to eat elsewhere (e.g. Planet Hollywood) then don't bother.
  • cherabelle
    Options
    Hello,

Having been to DLP most years I have come across a question I cannot answer. There will be 14 of us attending (10 adults, 2 children, 2 babies).
    We are staying at the Newport Bay at the start of November. It will be one member of the parties 40th wedding anniversary whilst we are away. Has anyone got any recommendations of anything we can book to make it a bit of a celebration please? We have the half board meal plan but for that day don’t mind using that at lunch and paying to go somewhere.

Due to the size of the group I’d ideally like something I could book (thinking the hatch club) but any recommendations greatly received.
  • maryfink
    Options
    i was at Paris disneyland! it was great year. don't forget that you can use subway instead of expensive buses
  • cleofish
    cleofish Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, we purchased our tickets for disneyland paris from 365 tickets.

The email we had said that they were pending confirmation as they were waiting to hear back from the supplier.

Its now been over 48 hours and i contacted live support and was told it was standard for disney tickets and that for flexibility they book the tickets closer to the time and that i would have confirmation back by may 28th. The tickets we booked are for 11th of June!

Anyone else had this with 365? The money has been taken from our account and im just worried we have been scammed. We dont want flexibilty on our tickets hence why we picked the dates of the tickets.

Is this normal?

thanks for any help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    cleofish wrote: »
    Hi, we purchased our tickets for disneyland paris from 365 tickets.

The email we had said that they were pending confirmation as they were waiting to hear back from the supplier.

Its now been over 48 hours and i contacted live support and was told it was standard for disney tickets and that for flexibility they book the tickets closer to the time and that i would have confirmation back by may 28th. The tickets we booked are for 11th of June!

Anyone else had this with 365? The money has been taken from our account and im just worried we have been scammed. We dont want flexibilty on our tickets hence why we picked the dates of the tickets.

Is this normal?

thanks for any help.

Don't know how normal it is but a quick google finds all positive reviews of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure