How long is AVRO deal likely to be around?

Options
anotherbob
anotherbob Posts: 225 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 14 September 2017 at 1:28PM in Energy
I would save about £250 p.a. by switching to AVRO energy. However if I switch before 13th. October I incur £60 exit fee to Scottish Power. Still a big saving but I'd rather not pay the £60. Is it likely that the deal offered by AVRO will still be there on 13th. Oct?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    anotherbob wrote: »
    I would save about £250 p.a. by switching to AVRO energy. However if I switch before 13th. October I incur £60 exit fee to Scottish Power. Still a big saving but I'd rather not pay the £60. Is it likely that the deal offered by AVRO will still be there on 13th. Oct?

The only people that know are Avro. Tariffs come and go every day. There is no point in asking Avro CS as tariff decisions are made at a high level within the organization. A month is a long time in the energy industry.

However, the good news is that you can switch NOW as you are within the 49/42 day period before contract end (assuming that the 13th October is your contract end date?). Exit fees no longer apply.
  • anotherbob
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Actually the contract ends on 30th. November, the date I gave took account of the period before contract end.
  • System
    Options
    Try Bulb then, they will pay your exit fee.
  • anotherbob
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Try Bulb then, they will pay your exit fee.
    Sorry, I'm new here....
    What's Bulb?
  • System
    Options
    https://bulb.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI066Ep92k1gIVwTLTCh23CwZxEAAYASAAEgJKP_D_BwE

There are also referral fees on the Internet.

On the subject of exit fees:

How do I claim back exit fees?

If your old supplier charges an exit fee, don’t worry. Email a copy of your final bill showing the exit fee to help@bulb.co.uk and we’ll credit the amount to your Bulb account. Read more
  • Wassa123
    Options
    I'm with Avro on Simple & Fresh since last November.

Looking at the tariffs they have had many over the last year.
  • anotherbob
    Options
    https://bulb.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI066Ep92k1gIVwTLTCh23CwZxEAAYASAAEgJKP_D_BwE

There are also referral fees on the Internet.

On the subject of exit fees:

How do I claim back exit fees?

If your old supplier charges an exit fee, don’t worry. Email a copy of your final bill showing the exit fee to [EMAIL="help@bulb.co.uk"]help@bulb.co.uk[/EMAIL] and we’ll credit the amount to your Bulb account. Read more
    Just noticed that Bulb's tariff is variable. I've used fixed price tariffs recently and both AVRO and OVO's fixed tariffs are about the same as Bulb is quoting me today. Not sure I want to chance price hikes during the contract period.
  • System
    Options
    Bulb has one tariff rate. If it becomes uncompetitive, people will leave in droves.
  • anotherbob
    anotherbob Posts: 225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2017 at 3:53PM
    Options
    Bulb has one tariff rate. If it becomes uncompetitive, people will leave in droves.

Thanks.
    On a different matter, I'm signed in to the Cheap Energy Club and I've entered my consumption details. The OVO Two Year fix doesn't appear in my results. I had thought I could switch to that and get £25 cashback. How can I do that if the OVO deal is not among my results?

Edit. Found OVO
  • Mike_Commins
    Options
    My fixed one year tariff with AVRO is shortly to end. Conveniently they sent me a reminder that I would be moved on to another tariff "Simple & Superior" unless I switched. Their website appears to show several other tariffs which are accessible by offering your post-code. This allows the customer to view all the tariffs that AVRO operate. I identified one that looked to offer the best deal for my usage. I e-mailed AVRO with my selection and their reply was that there is only ONE tariff available (notwithstanding that there are over 20 different tariffs shown on their website). I have expressed my view on this to AVRO but up to now there has been "radio silence". What are they playing at? Has anyone had similar experiences?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure