How long is AVRO deal likely to be around?

Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My fixed one year tariff with AVRO is shortly to end. Conveniently they sent me a reminder that I would be moved on to another tariff "Simple & Superior" unless I switched. Their website appears to show several other tariffs which are accessible by offering your post-code. This allows the customer to view all the tariffs that AVRO operate. I identified one that looked to offer the best deal for my usage. I e-mailed AVRO with my selection and their reply was that there is only ONE tariff available (notwithstanding that there are over 20 different tariffs shown on their website). I have expressed my view on this to AVRO but up to now there has been "radio silence". What are they playing at? Has anyone had similar experiences?

They appear to have only one tariff on offer. Where are these 20 tariffs shown? If they are in the pull down menu against present supplier then these reflect the Avro tariffs offered since you last switched. These are provided for comparison purposes as many people switch well before the end of a fixed term contract - particularly, when prices fall.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    They appear to have only one tariff on offer. Where are these 20 tariffs shown? If they are in the pull down menu against present supplier then these reflect the Avro tariffs offered since you last switched. These are provided for comparison purposes as many people switch well before the end of a fixed term contract - particularly, when prices fall.

They have a tariff page that shows you all the tariffs, but this is historical data, i.e. it includes all past ones that were available to your postcode - good for existing customers. , who as you say are comparing deals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure