DMP mutual support thread part 13 !!

Options

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,914 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Susie12345,

You will be lucky if stepchange continue with a token payment plan for longer than a year, it is only ever seen as a short term solution, you would be well advised to get some funds saved up for emergencies, and then crack on with the DMP if that is the way to go.

Will you have enough disposable income to do a DMP with ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Susie12345
    Options
    Hi
    I think I might just wait a few months and then contact step change to set up dmp. Would this be acceptable?
    I don't know what amount would be expected for dmp. I was hoping they would accept £100 a month for the first 6 months and then £200 a month after but I have 11 creditors and debt of £14000 ( I'm really ashamed of this but I know it's all my fault). So I don't know if they will say that it's not enough.
    I don't really know what I should be expecting with regards to how much I should be paying monthly?
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    Options
    Since we sent the holding letters on Monday our creditors seem to be really on the ball. Even though we told them not to phone and only contact us in writing. Every phone call we have taken from creditors has been them asking for the Step change reference.

My question is by giving this reference if they are on the ball which they seem to very much be won't they just contact Step Change to ask them why my DMP has not started yet?
    If they are calling you on your mobile then you can block the number.

Write to your creditors, advising them that you only consent to written correspondence by Royal Mail. Clearly state that you do not consent to correspondence by mobile, SMS, landline or email. Make it clear that any correspondence other than by letter, would be considered harassment, and that if the phone calls persist, then a complaint will be made to the FOS.

You could even use the template linked below. You'll have to reword some bits. But the point you want to make is that you are setting the boundaries, the terms of engagement, and you are in control.
    https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/sampleletters/Pages/Creditor-harassment-warning-(sole-name).aspx
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Marble030509
    Options
    If they are calling you on your mobile then you can block the number.

Write to your creditors, advising them that you only consent to written correspondence by Royal Mail. Clearly state that you do not consent to correspondence by mobile, SMS, landline or email. Make it clear that any correspondence other than by letter, would be considered harassment, and that if the phone calls persist, then a complaint will be made to the FOS.

You could even use the template linked below. You'll have to reword some bits. But the point you want to make is that you are setting the boundaries, the terms of engagement, and you are in control.
    https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/sampleletters/Pages/Creditor-harassment-warning-(sole-name).aspx

Thank you so much. I shall do this.

In terms of the creditor's contacting Step Change. Are they able to contact Step Change with the reference we have gave them and find out we haven't returned the DMP forms yet? I'm just abit nervous and curious how i am going to manage to keep them all at bay for 6 months whilst saving the EF.

Thanks again.
  • Sylvester6
    Sylvester6 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Just a quick question, we've CCA'd all our 10 creditors but have only heard back from half of them. Do we just not do anything about the other half until we hear from them? It's all gone very quiet!!
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Puzz :)

Decided to bite the bullet and phone them - they were lovely!

Informed me that they had bought the Natwest loan and overdraft accounts and asked if the payment I was previously making was still affordable which I said it was. They offered to start the payments on 28th of each month starting in March meaning I have an additional £64 this month as I cancelled my SO to Wescot. They have removed my numbers from their system and taken my email address for all contact and have given me all log in details to make my monthly payments online. Happy days!! :D

BDFSH x

Hi BSFSH,

I received two letters for my debts bought by PRAt but didn't have time to read them properly or set anything up as I was going away.. I have just read them both, one states the normal set up a payment plan.. the other states set up a payment plan but this debt is unenforceable... :D RESULT.. this was a loan used to consolidate and is probably my smallest debt, but I'm not paying any UE debts so this can go onto that pile...

Takes my debt down from the original £60062 to £25759.54...

Make sure you read your letters properly...

I CCA'ed all my credit cards but not my loan.. it didn't show on my credit report as Natsvest removed it because I kept complaining they didn't update the balance..

Happy Puzz. xx
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Sylvester6 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just a quick question, we've CCA'd all our 10 creditors but have only heard back from half of them. Do we just not do anything about the other half until we hear from them? It's all gone very quiet!!

Hi,

Its not always a quick process, and you get varying levels of response from creditors, just remember that all accounts are presently unenforcable until they send you what you have asked for, however long that may be.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    one states the normal set up a payment plan.. the other states set up a payment plan but this debt is unenforceable... :D RESULT.. this was a loan used to consolidate and is probably my smallest debt, but I'm not paying any UE debts so this can go onto that pile...

Well done puzz, great moneysaving result.
  • Queen_of_Swords
    Options
    Well, the DMP is due to start with the first payment going out on April 1st.....I have to see the funny side of that!! I have 4 creditors and have received letters from 3 out of the 4; some were the expected system generated ones, telling me I had missed a payment, and also some acknowledgements from the "holding" letters that I sent. Weirdly I had heard nothing from my bank, with whom I have a cc debt and small overdraft. Today the landline rang and it was them....:eek: I took a deep breath and very politely informed the girl that I had written to them, and had asked to be contacted only in writing and that SC were handling things for me... and she apologised and said she would make sure that this was noted. I was gearing myself up for some horrible embarrassing questions and it didn't happen. I realise I may still get some major problems on the way, but so far so good.

And it's thanks to all the advice on here. I knew to expect somewhat contradictory letters etc, and I knew to insist on not being phoned if that is how I want to play it.
    So thanks to all of you on here with your many words of wisdom! :T
    Woke up to reality 13/01/19
    4 creditors - £18170 :eek:
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi BSFSH,

I received two letters for my debts bought by PRAt but didn't have time to read them properly or set anything up as I was going away.. I have just read them both, one states the normal set up a payment plan.. the other states set up a payment plan but this debt is unenforceable... :D RESULT.. this was a loan used to consolidate and is probably my smallest debt, but I'm not paying any UE debts so this can go onto that pile...

Takes my debt down from the original £60062 to £25759.54...

Make sure you read your letters properly...

I CCA'ed all my credit cards but not my loan.. it didn't show on my credit report as Natsvest removed it because I kept complaining they didn't update the balance..

Happy Puzz. xx

Awesome result Puzz. So very, very pleased for you :j:j:j
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback