Best cashback CC that isn't AMEX?

Options
2»

Comments

• 2ilent8cho
    Options
    beany_bot wrote: »
    Cool, so those with several defaults and bankruptcies should have no problem getting the latest Platinum Amex??

I know it's literally everyone favourite thing to say on this forum. "You don't have a credit score"..But score/rating/history. It's all terminology for the same thing. You have a credit "PAST" shall we call it? same thing, different word.

I have 3 defaults and managed to get the AMEX BA Premium card last month.
  • Tim_tothepoints_
    Options
    Agree with the above post re: Curve - I'd hold out and wait for the details of the Curve offer to emerge. We're told that they'll announce something this week - hopefully we'll know whether Amex will be available on the free card (although it's possible they may limit it to Curve Black which is £50/annum).

We're also waiting for an update re: a new Hilton Honors CC. Previously the HH Barclaycard Visa (now closed to new applicants) was a great option as in addition to points it had a free night for just £750 spend.
    {We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team}
  • studentsaver_88
    Options
    Tandem is the best for me
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I saw Aqua. It's fairly decent (abroad spending in particular). But the 100 pound cap and annual payout of the cashback seems a bit mad. Still. worth considering. :money:
    There's different AQUA cards. the ones that has no foreign exchange fees are called AQUA Advance (Clearscore calls it Aqua FX or something similar) or AQUA reward.

Some AQUA cards do have foreign exchange fees, but there's an amazon gift voucher promotion. So most folk just apply for those. If you do a lot of foreign spending (purchases) applying for the FX or reward card could work out better than applying for the classic or start card (even if it means doing away with the amazon gift voucher).
  • jim1999
    jim1999 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I saw Aqua. It's fairly decent (abroad spending in particular). But the 100 pound cap and annual payout of the cashback seems a bit mad. Still. worth considering. :money:

Yeah it's a bit of a pain. Question is whether you expect to spend £20,000 per year on it or not (since that would equal £100 at 0.5%), and in all honesty I'd expect most people able to spend that kind of figure to be able to do the majority of it through Amex.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure