S&S ISA partial transfer - which bits are from the past year?

Options
This year I have transferred current and prior year ISA into vanguard S&S ISA.
I now want to continue contributing into vanguard S&S ISA.
But transfer out ETFs for the value of prior year contributions into IG S&S ISA.

However, I'm struggling to figure out how much of holdings are from prior year. How does one calculate that? I thought I transfer something like 10k of previous year cash, 5k of current year cash, withdrew about 5k of cash, and deposited back 4k. Currently, I have invested everything into ETF which is eligible for in-specie transfer - but i'm confused how many units of said etfs are made up of current years contributions.

Comments

• Reed_Richards
    Options
    I wonder if Vanguard, your ISA provider, can answer the question for you? Strictly, the money you contributed this year should be segregated from previous year's contributions, I think. Otherwise people can run into difficulties like the one you have. .
    Reed
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 September 2018 at 2:55PM
    Options
    Provided you leave enough cash + investment value in your Vanguard account to cover at least the contributions (money-in) you have made during this tax year you should be fine to say everything else was therefore previous tax year(s). Still worth talking to Vanguard before placing the transfer instruction with your new provider.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure