PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have been dithering about last meal so have taken a little bit of raw turkey out, will defrost quickly on aluminium and is vac packed so ok to put down. Meal will be a lettuce and turkey sandwich without bread.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 March 2018 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Breakfast was home made soda bread
    Lunch was a microwave toffee and banana sponge with mango sorbet.
    Evening meal is a sort of stew with veg remnants - potatoes, onions, celery, cabbage, red peppers, garlic, chillies and pork. It's thin cut pork so will cut into pieces and put in nearer the end of the cooking time. Will flavour and thicken the whole thing with peanut butter and add a dumpling if I'm feeling hungry. ;)
  • pineapple
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    Meal will be a lettuce and turkey sandwich without bread.
    Sounds too healthy by far. I demand you add something fattening!
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    Breakfast was home made soda bread
    Lunch was a microwave toffee and banana sponge with mango sorbet.
    Evening meal is a sort of stew with veg remnants - potatoes, onions, celery, cabbage, red peppers, garlic, chillies and pork. It's thin cut pork so will cut into pieces and put in nearer the end of the cooking time. Will flavour and thicken the whole thing with peanut butter and add a dumpling if I'm feeling hungry. ;)

I think I ought to live with you :D sounds delicious.;)

Well last weeks frozen curry has made a good hearty meal today. It was piping hot so I should be alright. :T

Sam
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    Sounds too healthy by far. I demand you add something fattening!

I have been eating fattening all day :cool: I only need to eat last meal so I sleep tonight
  • pineapple
    Options
    I think I ought to live with you :D sounds delicious.;)
    Ta
    I'm aware I keep mentioning peanut butter and possibly sound a bit strange but when I was in Africa dishes like goat stew with 'groundnut paste' became a favourite - and peanut butter is our equivalent. I'm careful which brand I buy though - no added palm oil sugar or salt. Also trying to source the tiny mushroom I had there - just exploding with flavour. I do like my food! :rotfl:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had two more crumpets, this time topped with chocolate spread.

I've no food in the house that is interesting to me .... I need sausage rolls.
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    changed my mind about last meal and I just ate hot turkey breast with lettuce on 2 thin slices of that bread, was very nice

PN!!! I have got puff pastry and the last wedge of sausagemeat, going to make sausage rolls for visitors next week and was trying to forget about them. You led me astray last time and we`ve got another boring snow day tomorrow
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    Still snow -free here, but still horribly cold and windy:(.
    My oomph is still AWOL.....:mad:
    CBA cooking eggs at lunch time (ludicrous I know:o) so nuked some tomatoes and mushrooms and had them on buttered toast with lots of black pepper:).
    Still swithering re what to have in a bit with the gammon I cooked earlier, a) do I cook some cabbage and defrost root veg mash or b) go with the gammon, egg, oven chips and beans option? Both are equally easy though a) is definitely healthier. Decisions, decisions......
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    I promise I'm not holding onto your oomph Caron - it's not locked-up in a kitchen cupboard here.:)

It's departed again today - so I think someone else must be borrowing it.

I just grabbed for something/anything to fill my stomach. In my defence - well I guess the voluntary work session today counted as reasonably aerobic exercise. Brisk walk through cold weather to get to it/followed by lifting, stretching etc/followed by weight-lifting (as I brought some stuff back with me and it was heavy).

Hopefully we'll both get some oomph back again tomorrow.

Confesses I've been sitting reading since that session today - apart from making two loaves of bread for myself (but that was definitely needs must - as I'd run out of bread totally - except for a sprouted wheat bread I've got in).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback