Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Amazing - so close! :T :T
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounding very positive earthgirl ;0
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,799 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If only wisdom came with wisdom teeth!! Obviously not to me as 3 of the 4 came up rotten. Your mouth & gums are no longer only 5 & cannot be trusted to do as they ought, take care.

Have you got the up to date mortgage freedom date?
  • beanielou
    Options
    So when do you hope to be MF?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Earthie, I love what you've done about tracking the financial situation with various scenarios. And you're so close to MF!!!! Fantastic.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    My mf date is a bit complicated. We have the money in savings accounts and some in long term investments. I add them all up and "0ffset" against the mortgage.

Including conservative projections for investment payouts in 2020, our Mortgage freedom date should be 27th August 2018. By this date our savings, investments etc compared to the mortgage should be equal. I'm sorry this isn't very exciting as I can't actually pay it off and need to wait for the payouts :(.

By this date I will have also paid for a 4 day break in the highlands, a party and birthdays for both boys, and a 4 day break in London.

After this date, money will be put aside for further investments, travel and house renovations (one new bathroom, new windows and patio door will be needed within 5 years). I will carry on saving for each child and need to assess how much this should be. Currently save £100/month each.

*Assuming all goes well with students and lunch club. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    That sounds fab! Even if it's 'offset', it's still there :) And you sound like you've got your motivation back too :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• beanielou
    Options
    Not long however you look at it :j

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks themsdvix and beanie!
    Yes I have my motivation back. Doing the accounts and budgets has made a big difference. I feel positive thst we can achieve our goals despite it not being as easy as when ohs business was going strong.

Doing 15 mind on each Acton point really got me going. Once I'd started I'd find the hardest part, and have kept the momentum going.

In the past few days:
    I've eaten ok, done shred everyday and stayed hydrated.
    Had NSds
    Worked on ohs business everyday except today
    Tackled major areas of clutter(still lots of drawers and cupboards to sort, but everything is away)
    Weeded the garden
    Listened to podcasts when driving
    Contacted some friends to invite them for bbq on Sunday for a few hours just to kickstart me socially again.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    Options
    Lovely to have a barbacue to look forward too :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback