IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from VCS - Stopping at Liverpool Airport

Options
Hello,

RK has received a PCN from VCS for 'stopping on a roadway where stopping is prohibited' on the approach to Liverpool Airport. There is no intention to pay but just wanted to clarify the best way to respond (the last time a PCN was received the advice was to ignore completely, but it seems that advice has changed in the years since). According to the newbies thread the appropriate response is:

Dear Vehicle Control Services Ltd.,

Re: PCN number x

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified. I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company?
2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site and which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
4. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.
5. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, for example) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle, whether you have already obtained it or not. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days.

Yours faithfully,

x

Is this correct? There are many posts about byelaws at Liverpool Airport and the inability to read the full T&Cs on the signs (especially whilst driving) but is it right that it's not worth raising these issues and just sticking to the above letter? And after submitting the above the most likely course of events is that VCS will respond/reject the letter and it will then be passed to a DCA? And those letters should just be ignored?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    seems you have it all covered there, so no changes to report

send the IPC template, then IGNORE anything else for 6 years unless its an LBC (probably from BW LEGAL rather than a DCA) or an MCOL from Northampton court

deal with the latter 2 , and always appeal in the beginning, so thats it
  • ph0u203d
    Options
    Thanks for the speedy response! I guess sending them an email (cpo@vehiclecontrol.co.uk) is as good as sending them a letter these days?
  • Redx
    Options
    follow the appeal instructions on the NTK

NEVER reveal who was driving, not even on here , especially not in any appeal , if they ask , dont give , dont bother with the IAS either
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,465 Forumite
    Options
    LJLA done to death on MSE and PePiPoo. Have a read of stalwart campaigner 'hexaflexagon's' epic, ongoing battle with VCS and Liverpool Council via the following links:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=98345&hl=hexaflexagon

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=98959&hl=hexaflexagon

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=109259&hl=Hexaflexagon

After reading these you will know what to expect (or not expect) and will be better prepared to deal with this. You have to be in for the long run, nothing but a cheque will settle this instantly for you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ph0u203d
    Options
    Hello,

Just to update... VCS have responded, rejecting the appeal as expected. They address some of the points the template letter, although if many people are now using the template they'll probably have a standard response. Is it worth uploading the response from VCS for your information/opinions or is it simply a case of ignoring it and any future correspondence?

Thanks.
  • Redx
    Options
    the latter ; ie:- IGNORE

its all weighted in their favour (they would say that , wouldnt they ?)

IGNORE anything except an LBC from BW LEGAL or EXCEL themselves, or an MCOL from Northampton (so not ALL future correspondence - just the debt letters)
  • ph0u203d
    Options
    Ok thanks. But, based on previous instances at Liverpool airport, am i right that it's very unlikely an LBC or MCOL will ever be issued?
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    ph0u203d wrote: »
    Ok thanks. But, based on previous instances at Liverpool airport, am i right that it's very unlikely an LBC or MCOL will ever be issued?

correct , and there is a fighting fund at pepipoo for the first defended claim at JLA and others , it would be suicide to try one , "golden goose" and "kill" come to mind
  • ph0u203d
    Options
    Thanks for your advice.
  • nwilko101
    Options
    Now that legal precedent seems to have been set on Liverpool Business Park and "no stopping",
    Could a person who receives a parking charge notice letter issue a claim straight away? Not waiting until the claimant - VCS or BW Legal - do or do not file a claim. Secondly does the claim state £250 or £750 or does the judge decide the amount? obviously if one was going to claim you would do it for £750.
    The costs of filing a claim are listed on the above thread as
    £25 filing fee. £25 hearing fee. Their costs if you lose under practice direction 27.14 (limited mostly to travel, which is not usually appropriate).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure