REMO-Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Order

Options

Comments

• mico62
    mico62 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    Complained to soon, guess what I've just got in the post - a copy of an income witholding order sent to his employer on 9 May and a direct deposit authorisation form.

It asks for a transit routing number for my bank but obviously our system's different, does anyone know what info I need to provide or will my account no and sort code be enough?
  • Kimi31
    Kimi31 Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is is the iBAN number? If its not on your statementsn your bank can tell you!
  • mico62
    Options
    Thanks Sweetie, I'll give them a call.

Just noticed the order only includes the amount of maintenance he's supposed to pay and although they've ticked the arrears greater than 12 weeks box no amount's been specified but I've got a name and tel no so I'll phone on Monday.

What I'd give to be a fly on his wall :rotfl:
  • AnxiousMum
    AnxiousMum Posts: 2,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got similar forms from Canada - but they can't do international direct deposits. If I still had a Canadian bank account they'd do a direct deposit into it, but because I'm here in the UK, they have to send me a cheque - which can take anywhere between 1 day and 6 weeks to clear.
  • mitnotlob
    mitnotlob Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I have posted on here before- i've been waiting two years for REMO to do anything. I've contacted them- not got a reply. Contacted the magistrates who said they're chasing it up (three months ago- heard nothing.) Is there anything else I can do?
  • mico62
    Options
    woohoo I just got my first cheque from the OAG in Texas :j

Unfortunately for me my ex is paid weekly and the natwest want £10 to cash each cheque. :mad:

I've just found a thread that mentioned Citibank doesnt charge for cashing foreign cheques but they need to be crossed and have account payee on them which it isn't - do you think they'd accept it/them or has anyone got any other suggestions
  • jetta_wales
    jetta_wales Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Options
    mitnotlob wrote: »
    Hi
    I have posted on here before- i've been waiting two years for REMO to do anything. I've contacted them- not got a reply. Contacted the magistrates who said they're chasing it up (three months ago- heard nothing.) Is there anything else I can do?

Ring them a hell of a lot more often than that so they CAN NOT forget about you however hard they try ;)
    "Life is what you make of it, whoever got anywhere without some passion and ambition?
  • AnxiousMum
    AnxiousMum Posts: 2,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mico62 wrote: »
    woohoo I just got my first cheque from the OAG in Texas :j

Unfortunately for me my ex is paid weekly and the natwest want £10 to cash each cheque. :mad:

I've just found a thread that mentioned Citibank doesnt charge for cashing foreign cheques but they need to be crossed and have account payee on them which it isn't - do you think they'd accept it/them or has anyone got any other suggestions

Can you ask them to send you a monthly cheque or four weeks at a time? I use Barclays, and they charge a 'commission', it's about £27 every month - but cheaper than a tenner a week.
  • mico62
    Options
    Just got back from my bank and they've said they'll only charge me £10 per transaction regardless of how many cheques I pay in after I'd threatened to move my accounts to citibank
  • mico62
    Options
    update - i've just received a revised income withholding writ which now includes a monthly amount for outstanding arrears.

2 questions

1. The amount of arrears including interest is a lot more than what's stated on the REMO order signed by the judge here and I've notified the OAG of what he owes - should I query it or are the interest rates that high? and

2 Does anyone get their maintenance on a state debit card and if so is it accepted in shops or can you only withdraw from cash machines - I keep receiving letters saying I must sign up to the scheme unless I can prove financial hardship.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback