Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 November 2016 at 7:42PM
    Options
    Well started my EMDR therapy on Monday. It is £50 a session and I was a bit sceptical tbh. It involves going back to your earliest stressful memory. I was very tired and a bit teary on Tuesday but I have already noticed a difference. If I can give you an analogy it feels a bit like my brain is half an onion with the top layer full of stress and anxiety - this is where I operate most of the time.

We walked around the memory, through, over and through again and again and again, noting feelings, thoughts, emotions, observations while I had pads in each hand which alternately buzzed. This theoretically connects both sides of the brain to the stuck traumatic memory and allows it to be processed.
    I feel much calmer - that is what I have noticed.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you feel it's helping Butti, money well spent.
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds just right for you Butti.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    In other news !!!!!! is America doing?

Delivering the message "No you don't." to the politicians, reporters, celebrities and foreigners (to them) who thought they had the divine right to tell them what to think, what to do, and how to vote.

Some reporters understand it now but the vast majority of people do not.

The times are changing to what would be expected at this point in the cycle - it's a little bit late, but probably we should be thankful for that.

Things are going to get interesting.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Options
    Well started my EMDR therapy on Monday. It is £50 a session and I was a bit sceptical tbh.
    I feel much calmer - that is what I have noticed.

If it works for you, then it works for you.

"Try everything once except incest and folk dancing." Sir Thomas Beecham.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Delivering the message "No you don't." to the politicians, reporters, celebrities and foreigners (to them) who thought they had the divine right to tell them what to think, what to do, and how to vote.

Some reporters understand it now but the vast majority of people do not.

The times are changing to what would be expected at this point in the cycle - it's a little bit late, but probably we should be thankful for
    Things are going to get interesting.

That's more than a bit frightening Z.
    Do you think I need to clear my debt and stockpile baked beans?
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    Options
    That's more than a bit frightening Z.

How is it frightening?
    Do you think I need to clear my debt and stockpile baked beans?

Get rid of debt, yes - that's always been true. The less debt, the more options.

"Donald Trump drove me to baked beans." - doesn't have that certain ring to it...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    Well the good news is from Monday I'm on a trial for working from home. So we start working from home and it will be reviewed just before Christmas and then again in January.
    And this means for the first time in 5 months I can claim mileage for the miles I do in doing my job properly.

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

What a bloomin relief.
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Excellent news Butti :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Options
    So..........men with plaited beards.
    Quirky or just downright weird?
    48% off mortgage

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure