EBay fail (sizing)

Options
2»

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Remember reading once about someone who bought a bathroom pedestal and mat set. They had a good laugh when it arrived and it was for a doll's house :rotfl: They stated it was their own fault fornot reading the sizes. :doh:

I bought a piece of fabric once, missed it 1st time round but was then re-listed, so bought straight away, problem was although it stated as re-listed - the seller actually changed the listing - size of the fabric changed :( but BIN price stayed the same. :mad:

They get up to all sorts of tricks. :(
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    It is similar dimensions to his current (ancient and broken) PE bag except it is so flat that you cannot really fill it with anything. It would be more suited to a couple of books rather than anything bulky.
    Back when I was at primary school - the PE kit consisted of a pair of plimsolls (sandshoes in the local vernacular) and that would probably fit in the bag you describe... Of course - if it has cartoon characters on it they could claim it stood for Paediatric Entertainment:D
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    Back when I was at primary school - the PE kit consisted of a pair of plimsolls (sandshoes in the local vernacular) and that would probably fit in the bag you describe... Of course - if it has cartoon characters on it they could claim it stood for Paediatric Entertainment:D

Plimsolls if you had them/the "spares" cupboard had any almost-pairs you could use (ugh!) otherwise it was bare feet and the rest of the PE kit was your vest and pants. :eek:

PE circa 1970. :D
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This_Year wrote: »
    Plimsolls if you had them/the "spares" cupboard had any almost-pairs you could use (ugh!) otherwise it was bare feet and the rest of the PE kit was your vest and pants. :eek:

PE circa 1970. :D

I remember the vest and pants!!

(And I remember my friend forgetting his pants and the teacher being horrified when he ventured into the hall in just his vet... :rotfl:)

Trainers, shorts, trackies and a t-shirt nowadays!

I have bought him another one that will hopefully be a much more normal size!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Conclusion:

I asked to return it for a refund, and they offered a 20% discount.

I asked again to return it. They offered a 50% discount and said return postage would cost me too much.

I asked again to return it and pointed out return postage would only be 83p second class for a large letter so that's fine. They refunded me in full and asked me to leave a positive feedback.

It would appear their London address did not exist and they are operating from China...
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Brywalker
    Brywalker Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do it regularly, mostly with online food shopping. I bought a rather expensive pie once to share with DH for dinner one night. It barely fed one person. Then there was the miniature ice cream incident and the bread bin that doesn't actually fit a loaf.
    I double check everything now :D

I once did a Sainsburys shop online and clicked the 'Items' button instead of the 'Kg' button and received one sprout:D.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brywalker wrote: »
    I once did a Sainsburys shop online and clicked the 'Items' button instead of the 'Kg' button and received one sprout:D.
    In Waitrose recently the woman in front of me had one minute shrivelled carrot for which she paid 3p.

According to the lady on the till she tells them they are for her guinea pig (not for the free coffee she collects every day).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure