Tesco Savings DDs

Options

Comments

• savetilibleed
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Most councils will allow you to pay in 12 instalments rather than 10. Have you asked yours?

Apparently my water company also offer the facility but I have to wait for my next bill before I can set the DDs up. Does yours do the same?

What about a credit card? I'm resurrecting unused cards:o
    Ah didn't realise that. Might investigate. Hmm I quite like having 2 months off for council tax and 4 for water though ;) Thank you.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Water and council tax don't (which I could move from Santander123 and close that). .

You have been able to pay the council tax in 12 installments for a few years now.
    Our option is well hidden on the back of the bill!
    At the end of the year it seems to automatically switch back to 10 payments unless you get a helpful body on the other end of the phone! However you will probably have to wait now until the new financial year to set it up.
    My water bill must also be in 12 as I use that as a qualifying DD.....
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I found some banks accepted multiple DDs from different accounts at the same organsiation whereas others needed the DDs to come from different organisations (eg. Two different Tesco saver DDs was still only counted as 1 DD). Unfortunately this was ages ago when I was setting things up so I can't remember which had this rule.

I have accounts at Halifax, Lloyds and Coop that need to be sorted. Do the Nationwide or Halifax accounts have and DD requirements too?

Comments above suggest that for Coop, a single DD taken weekly is sufficient - is this correct?
    I think....
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Halifax does for the reward payment 2 DD paid out and £750 paid in.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • savetilibleed
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Do the Nationwide or Halifax accounts have and DD requirements too?
    Halifax do, Nationwide FlexDirect no DD requirements.
  • ashnojutsu
    Options
    If I have 2 DD's from the same organization, both with different reference numbers, do they count as 2 different DD's? I've had previous experience where the same DD was paid out twice a month, so it only counted as a single DD.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ashnojutsu wrote: »
    If I have 2 DD's from the same organization, both with different reference numbers, do they count as 2 different DD's? I've had previous experience where the same DD was paid out twice a month, so it only counted as a single DD.
    As per post #583 above, there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to this, it depends on the policies of the bank(s) you're talking about.
  • ashnojutsu
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    As per post #583 above, there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to this, it depends on the policies of the bank(s) you're talking about.

In my case the DD's CAN be of the same organization - there is no condition saying they must be from different companies. However, my original question is do they count as different DD's if the reference number is different for each DD - the originator can be identical in my case.

A good example of this is the Tesco Savings account, despite being from the same originator, multiple DD debiting from the same account DO in fact count as separate DD's.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ashnojutsu wrote: »
    In my case the DD's CAN be of the same organization - there is no condition saying they must be from different companies. However, my original question is do they count as different DD's if the reference number is different for each DD - the originator can be identical in my case.

A good example of this is the Tesco Savings account, despite being from the same originator, multiple DD debiting from the same account DO in fact count as separate DD's.

Have these examples (banks?) got names?
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,437 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Many posters opened a Tesco Internet Saver and a Tesco Instant Access Savings account. Being two different accounts, these would definitely count as two DD's unless excluded for both being to Tesco (I have not heard of any doing this.) I used both for a Halifax Reward in one month, as I didn't have a credit card balance to pay.

I have never risked pulling twice from the same account if needing 2 DD's in a given month, so I can't add any personal experience on this. From previous posts on the forum, multiple pulls from one account will suffice for the Co Op though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure