IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NTK for Coop Car Park - Norfolk Parking Enforcement (NPE) ANPR Version

Options

Comments

• BOBFOC_2
    BOBFOC_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    gtqVqz6.jpg
    The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
    ~Frank Zappa
  • BOBFOC_2
    Options
    Also, following a further discussion with the daughter of the driver, she mentioned that the car park was virtually empty at the time of the original parking, and for the duration of the entire 15 minutes.
    The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
    ~Frank Zappa
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    The important thing you may have missed in your haste to sort this out:

Appeals to IPC companies are futile. (So the empty car park is irrelevant)

Unless you get a cancellation via the landowner/retailer then be prepared to wait out the 6 years they have to start legal proceedings. (Especially ignore debt collectors and don't contact them or the parking company)

If you do get a LBCCA or Court correspondence come back at that time for advice on how to proceed
  • BOBFOC_2
    edited 5 October 2017 at 9:24PM
    Options
    I have been looking for a template letter of complaint to retailer on the forum, but I am struggling to find anything relevant to my situation. I understand the legal 3rd party approach to the parking enforcement company, but I would like some help on how I should formulate a detailed complaint to the retailer (East Of England Co-Op CEO), and whether this also needs to be in 3rd person?

I have seen old (from 2013), and pretty brief examples of complaint letters to Aldi, but as my situation may be different, due to coming under IPC and not BPA, I just need some advice before I write it.

Thanks.
    ~Frank Zappa
  • BOBFOC_2
    Options
    Can anyone help ^ ? I will need to get an email sent off to the CEO of Co-Op today, or tomorrow really, as I don't want to miss the opportunity. A few pointers about the type of letter I write would be useful, if it's not possible to find a relevant example.

Thanks
    ~Frank Zappa
  • Quentin
    Options
    BOBFOC wrote: »

I have seen old (from 2013), and pretty brief examples of complaint letters to Aldi, but as my situation may be different, due to coming under IPC and not BPA, I just need some advice before I write it.

Thanks.
    When complaining to the retailer the PPCs membership of IPC/BPA is irrelevant.

You are complaining about being a genuine provable customer subjected to unnecessary hassle etc from their appointed car park manager, not the association they are members of!
  • BOBFOC_2
    edited 6 October 2017 at 11:27AM
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    When complaining to the retailer the PPCs membership of IPC/BPA is irrelevant.

You are complaining about being a genuine provable customer subjected to unnecessary hassle etc from their appointed car park manager, not the association they are members of!

Thanks. And should it just be normal 1st person writing, not pseudo legalese, and 3rd person etc.?

So am I me, or am I still The Driver?
    ~Frank Zappa
  • Quentin
    Options
    You are writing a letter of complaint from a customer - so no need for legal argument. No need to reveal who was the driver!

Have you read #13 which suggests points to raise in your letter of complaint? (Don't forget to ask for his intervention to get the ticket cancelled)
  • BOBFOC_2
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    You are writing a letter of complaint from a customer - so no need for legal argument. No need to reveal who was the driver!

Have you read #13 which suggests points to raise in your letter of complaint?

I will take a look again, just in case. Thanks for the clarification.
    ~Frank Zappa
  • BOBFOC_2
    Options
    I have a notification that my complaint to CEO has been successful, and NPE have been instructed to cancel the 'purported' charge.

A huge thanks to all who gave help, either in person, or in the archived posts here at MSE forums. You are doing a really great job!!!

I would consider sharing my long letter to the Co-Op, once I redact it. I bet you all find hundreds of flaws in it, but IT WORKED :P
    ~Frank Zappa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport