PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Frith..sounds yummy can i come to your house? :)
  • dreamyd
    dreamyd Posts: 254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, can I join? My local SW group has changed its meeting time, and I'm looking for an alternative. I could do with losing at least a couple of stone in weight.
    Surviving the ups and downs of life with DH
    RIP Garden Tiger January 2007 - May 2022
    Weight loss 20.5/124lbs
    MF since 12/18

Fashion on the Ration 2022 53/66 coupons remaining
    2022 Decluttering challenge 300/2022 items banished

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to dreamyd who would like to lose a couple of stones. Oh darling, you've come to just the right place. There is an army here trying to lose a couple of stones, with varying degrees of success. Join us in our struggle, we can always do with reinforcements.

Food today.

Br: boiled egg and crispbread, henceforth to be referred to as b.e. & c.b.

Lunch: Out with friends so... 1 jacket potato with 1 pat of butter (tut tut), cheese and salad.

I was giving a talk to a group of elderly ladies, some of them even older than me, and at half time we were revived with tea and bikkies. No protests were allowed so I managed to choke down a couple of custard creams.

I got home and consumed a manky banana.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Still on my Subway diet, was at parents last week and ate leftovers parents had frozen every day (as was looking after the house) did cheat though and buy a large takeaway my first night simply due to the ones in my home town being cheap and high quality but since then only had a small one at weekend with friend and back eating Subway, did have a pack of Haribo though today and 4 rolls (no filling) to fill myself up. apart from that ate nothing else.

Haven't weighed myself in weeks, im too big (more big feet than weight) for normal scales without spending a huge amount on them.

Bought some more frozen chicken today, so have plenty of stuff to make chicken and rice with.
  • TiredTrophy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dekaspace....you can just gauge how you're doing by whether you are having to tighten your belt....:)
  • TiredTrophy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yesterday I pigged out on grapes and ate a bar of chocolate before the observer came to assess my 'teaching' of English conversation.....was told there was too much grammar but the group said they wanted more!

Today
    B coffee
    B2....going to market so will get another coffee and something to eat there
    L. Hopefully chicken from the market
    D. Packed tea of bread and cheese
    S. Cocoa late.

E...mostly shopping..Very likely to get the 10,000 steps

Hope the day goes well for you all
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 October 2017 at 12:33PM
    Options
    DS1 and I started our vegan experiment yesterday, we're going to aim for 2 weeks minimum and take it from there. I bought him a milk made of coconut and rice which was actually nice even drunk alone, so that's a plus.

Yesterday was:

B: fruit
    L: wheatberry salad
    D: stir fry with a fruit platter for pudding
    S: wholemeal bread and jam

It will be interesting to see how the diet affects my weight and also just how I feel in general.

Have a great day all :)
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning All
    Just popping in quickly before work am reporting a minor miracle of a small loss -1lb
    Today
    B porridge
    L jacket pot 30g cheese
    D probably left over couscous and roasted veg

Yesterday was okay although got home from work to discover Mum had fried chicken for the kids and I succumbed to 3 small pieces (she makes lovely chicken!)

Wishing everyone a lovely day x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

B: lo carb granola, berries, skim
    L: beetroot salad
    D: SC gammon part 2, probably in some sort of pasta bake, something green on the side

45 min dog walk
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Morning all.
    45 min dog walk

Dog walk usually takes you 50mins, so was this at a jog or a new route? just kidding :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure